Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long list of repairs.

Left the Murano at the shop today with a long list of items to be fixed. Scratches that the dealer made, a lumpy drivers side inner door, passenger side airbag cover lumpy and the seam splitting, also a chip on the drivers door near the window, scratches behind all door handles. Was told it will be ready a 7am tomarrow. They were going to try and steam out the lumps in the airbag cover( all I can say is goodluck on that). And the chip on the door they were going to try and paint, but I guess the upper door around the window is not paint, it is actually a one piece plastic that is heated and stretched over the door. So if painting didn't work that is what they were going to have to do. And with the airbag cover they said if steaming doesn't work it will have to be replaced, but that was "dangerous" and only a last resort. They were calling the factory on that one.

Seems like an awful lot of problems for a new vehicle.

Got a rental as a "favor" an awful dodge neon that smells of beer and puke.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Did you get this a Pinnicle Nissan? Grip :D

·
4,994 Posts
How did I know? I was very unimpressed with my service attendant. GRIP :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Ah...and see, I was thinking that you might have bought your Murano at my dealer. At least Nissan is pretty consistent. Bad dealer experiences no matter where you are located in the states!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the car back and so far so good. They are ordering an airbag cover from the factory. The paint looks ok, but will have to see after a wash. Last time they "fixed" the scratches, they made, they came back after a wash. But I do wonder how does one buff out scratches without first washing the car???

·
4,994 Posts
Just rub the dirt and use it as polishing compound. GRIP :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
patrickem

Oh mannnnnnn....
They screwed up your BoMo? =((

How's this going, anyway... ?
Get things resolved yet?