Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting dejavu. I may have posted this on freshalloy. Anyway, list was recently updated.

1. Dashboard lights literally burned my gauges. Looked like / and \ about the size of a firefly in my tach and fuel gauges.

2. Had the lost power steering once or twice. Once I was trying to get out of stuck traffic, and hit gas turned wheel all the way to the right and got off the gas. Oof! No power steering for about 8 seconds, heading right for the guardrail! I was able to pull out of it.

And then a ton of cold weather problems:

3. CD 1 always skipped for half an hour.

4. False flat tire alarm. Not bad if you don't mind a screeching alarm for a minute and warning light on your dash for an hour.

5. Fuel door was stuck closed for 20 minutes once as I sat in the corner of a gas station waiting for it to get unstuck.

6. Front washer hose line froze up. Try to clear road crap and all my fluid is running out the back.

Oh, and after 20,000 miles, I just took advantage of Nissan's free 100-point check-up being offered at many dealerships (including mine) recently. They said I had carbon build-up in my throttle body injector and needed a cleaning service for $100!!!

I'm about to drive across the country, so I hope to have hundreds or more pictures after the trip is over.

Update: (Now that the Flyers have knocked the Devils out of the playoffs :2: ) I failed to mention that for:

1. Warranty replacement of entire instrument cluster. Knucklehead closed up the dash with a pinched wiring harness obstructing part of the view of my tach and didn't think I would notice.

2. Nothing that can be done AFAIK.

3. New factory CD player under warranty.

4. Service checked the TPMS but couldn't find anything. They said they'll drop everything to read my computer while its happening if it happens again. It'll be 82 here tomorrow, the "freezing flat tire false alarm" isn't going to happen again for a looooong time.

5. They checked and readjusted the cable to the lock.

6. Thanks for the tips about the very-low-temp washer fluid.

7. I get questionnaires from Nissan after every service visit, and I already told Nissan NA that I always leave that dealership feeling like I've been ripped off, and I'm thinking of switching over to Acura.

and I forgot 8. earlier today. My driver's seat heater was flaky. My passengers would always ooh and ahh at the hotseat while my butt was freezing for an extra half hour. Sometimes I'd feel about 5 minutes of heat and then it would switch off. Dealer said they found a flaky connection in my heater switch and replaced it.

OH! and 9. (More dealer issue than Nissan) I also had the wipers changed when they cleaned out the throttle body, and the right wiper snapped off during the first use thereafter! Luckily the arm only left a tiny tiny little scratch on the windshield, but I've

just...
about...
had it.

As sick as it sounds, I have to start considering an MDX, or an E class, or a 5-Series. I already have the title free and clear on the Mo, and the frustration is really starting to mount. It just doesn't feel like a 150,000 mile relationship here. :(

·
4,664 Posts
I haven't seen 1., but I am now tending to agree that 2. can be an issue if you aren't prepared for it. Haven't had 3. and don't have TPMS, so I can't experience 4. Never had 5. or 6.

Carbon build up? I think if I heard that from my dealer, I'd be going to a different dealer for service. That's a load of steaming brown stuff... Since when was there an injector in the throttle body and even if there's an issue with the throttle body, or an injector, hey, Warranty better fix it.

I had a dealer put in a fuel additive and try to charge me for it, with my Maxima. Sherway Nissan on Dundas in the west end of Toronto. I asked them where it said for that to be done. They told me it was a recommended practice. I asked them by who. Nissan? They were quiet. I asked them to show me where it was recommended. More silence. I told them I wasn't paying for it. They agreed. Once I finished paying for the transaction. I then told them that I would never be back for service or a vehicle purchase and would not recommend them as a reputable dealership.

I now go to another dealer and I'm delighted with their service.

You could see if the Manager has a brain and morals, before you leave them. Can you tell I don't tolerate BS from service people? I don't believe anyone should. They must earn the right to be successful, not steal it out of your wallet.

:soapbox:

Ahh.. That felt good... And of course, just my opinion!:D

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
EasternPA said:
6. Front washer hose line froze up. Try to clear road crap and all my fluid is running out the back.
Do youself a favor and always keep window washer fluid on hand that can handle cold temperatures. And every time you take your vehicle in for service, top off the fluid so that they can't put any of their cheep-ass crap in there. AND when you get there, tell them to NOT top it off.

This last winter we took my wife's car across the state (we live in Seattle which doesn't get that cold but we were going to Spokane which was well below freezing). Before leaving we had some work done on the car, including an oil change. I told them not to top off the fluid. I forgot to fill it up before I took it in, so it was only half-full of my stuff which is good to -20F. They topped it off with their crap, and as soon as we were in cold temperatures it froze up. :mad: I had a hell of a time thawing it out, then siphoned the tank out and filled it up with my good stuff. Never had a problem after that.

~ Corin

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess my Service department uses the good stuff. We had a very very cold winter here and I never once had a problem with it freezing up. And they've topped it off every time as I haven't touched it.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
mordel said:
I guess my Service department uses the good stuff. We had a very very cold winter here and I never once had a problem with it freezing up. And they've topped it off every time as I haven't touched it.
It probably depends on where you live as well. Here in Seattle it never gets that cold (we might have a couple days a year that get to freezing temperatures overnight) so the shops figure that you're never going to need anything for colder temperatures.

Never mind that we have mountains close by that many people go to for skiing, so you would THINK that they would consider that... :8:

~ Corin

·
Registered
487 Posts
My TMPS was a little *****y this past Winter until I filled the tires with a little more air. It quieted down after I kept it at 35/36 PSI. I think the system determines a flat tire around 30 PSI, and in the REALLY COLD days mine was at about 28/29 PSI while hot. :/

And that load about the throttle-body cleaning... yes, that's BS. And it isn't a Nissan thing - blame your dealership alone. My dealership said that a chemical engine flush was 'recommended' at 15,000 miles. A CHEMICAL.. ENGINE.. FLUSH. They called me about it and asked if I wanted it, and explained that it "cleans up the deposits left behind by what the filter missed." I didn't even ask how much it would be, I flat out told them NO WAY.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doombringer said:
My TMPS was a little *****y this past Winter until I filled the tires with a little more air. It quieted down after I kept it at 35/36 PSI. I think the system determines a flat tire around 30 PSI, and in the REALLY COLD days mine was at about 28/29 PSI while hot. :/
Yeah I never thought of putting more air in, as they would normally start the day at 27 (with the TPMS screeching) and finish up the commute at around 30-31. The real weird thing was that it would decide willy-nilly which tire actually was actually flat, and would often indicate one or two at 27 as flat, but not the 3rd one also at 27. Very odd behavior indeed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hey Eastern... you're in Yardley, huh? I commute to Newtown PA every day ;)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doombringer said:
Hey Eastern... you're in Yardley, huh? I commute to Newtown PA every day ;)
Yeah I noticed you're in Flemington. I used to live in Lebanon by Round Valley. I was thinking of trying to put together a small get-together over the summer. I'll come up from Yardley, meet up with you, go up 206 and out 78 to New Providence to pick up Mike (msfiveiron) and then out 78/80 to go meet ra3boy.

Anyone else in Central/North Jersey interested in a meetup this summer?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Eastern PA., I'm not only surprised by your list, I'm amazed.
Some of it sounds like bad luck with weather related stuff like the wiper arm but not sure what happened to the build quality with the other stuff. Either I'm very lucky with my MO or you got the prototype reject in the pile. I was just looking at my 4 month old MO and still smiling. No problems of any kind and I thought if I went out today to buy a vehicle, I'd buy another. It pains me to see your troubles.
Hope you can solve them or I hope your MO is stolen.

Bob1

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bob1 said:
Hope you can solve them or I hope your MO is stolen.
Uhhhh thanks, I guess :) I don't even have the worst of it around here. Some people have rattles coming from all over the cabin, and apparently there was a batch alternators that only lasted about 1,200 miles!!!! Seriously, I've had it pretty easy compared to some other people around here. :8:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds cool. Yeah, I live about 10 minutes west of Flemington. I'm closer to Frenchtown really. I shoot down 29 to 95, then across to Newtown... every darn day.

Should probably put together a workshop to fix the fuggin' window rattle ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts