Nissan Murano Forum banner

261 - 280 of 320 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
drsteve

With a filament bulb. They use a lower resistance filiament and overdrive it to a higher temperature. sometimes they increase the Argon % and that heats the filament to high temp. Yes it's brighter and yes it will burn out sooner.

With a High intensity Discharge bulb the temperature of the discharge a;ong with the gas mixture changes the emitted lights "color"

·
Registered
22 Posts
GripperDon,

thx for the info. So if I was to use these brighter higher temp bulbs, do I need a new high temp harness ? I guess I am opting for the poor man's HID look of the headlights via the bulbs, I don't mind replacing them once in 6 months no big deal.

·
5,100 Posts
No new harness is needed

Just stick them in. Some folks want to use a new harness for HID systems however I had never had a problem. These fuze protects the harness from excessive current. Hid do have a momentary spike of current at ignition but it has never proven to be a problem to me. I did not replace the harness or use relays to bypass the harnes from the HID spike on my Altima upgrade. HID are typically 35watts steady state when running as compared to the 55watt current of the standard OEM non HID lights. PS remember the MO is based on the Altima.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: No new harness is needed

GripperDon said:
Hid do have a momentary spike of current at ignition but it has never proven to be a problem to me. I did not replace the harness or use relays to bypass the harnes from the HID spike on my Altima upgrade. HID are typically 35watts steady state when running as compared to the 55watt current of the standard OEM non HID lights. PS remember the MO is based on the Altima.
So you mean the higher temp bulbs actually draw less power ? Can you recommend a good brand to try out ?

I know about the Altima, my previous car was a 3.5SE Altima, it's still hard getting used to lack of acceleration on MO as compared to my lovely altima :( I put on 160K on that car , not a single problem, hope the MO will follow suit ;)

·
5,100 Posts
Pays your moneytakes your choice

So many brands. I am reticent to make a recommendiation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
For the record, I'm never buying Slyvana lights again. This is the second time in as many years they've burnt out!

I mean, common, when you're paying $75 for bulbs, can they not make it past 12 months?!

Also, I hope the 09 murano has addressed the installation process of the light bulbs...what a joke!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
After my "testing" I don't think any bulb will make a big difference. I think the only solution is to replace the assembly and use different technology... my opion includes S Silver Stars. too. Their ads are complete BS. The light may be "whiter" but it isn't any brighter, in fact it is a little dimmer IMHO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+10000000...

if the harness and wiring is crap, doesn't matter what bulb you use, you won't get max output.

white has bad contrast against asphalt...yellow is best but it has such a short range...i guess the stock color is best all around as far as contrast and distance...HIDs in stock color!

·
Registered
30 Posts
After great results using Hoen XenonMatch in my W8, I opted to outfit the wife's Murano with Hoen as well.
The W5W city lights are doing just fine.
Both 9007 XenonMatch Plus bulbs are toast, as are the KYO high temp PNP harnesses I bought for them.
The passenger side 9006 XenonMatch Plus fog is gone as well - which figures as it is the hardest to replace.
I'm not sure how the high temp connector down there is.
They looked fantastic while they lasted, but I don't think I'll go Hoen again on the Murano (though they will replace them).
9007s are out of stock at the time, I think.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
EURODEZIGNS ULTRA...Thoughts?

So I was on eBay and was looking for SilverStar Ultra and came across Eurodesigns. To be honest, I don't quite know what to think. Anyone every try them? They seem promising, but I am a bit concerned about the quality.

Do a search for EURODEZIGNS ULTRA 9007

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
IMHO I think they are crap.... in order to get "white light" they have blue at the tip... that alone reduces output. If you look at the comparision pictures the "actual" picture of Euro Dezigns is overexposed to make it look like it is a brighter bulb. Look at the night black.... its lighter and more grainer... over exposed.

I'll bet you a Dealer compliementry coffee that when compared they will be "whiter" but not brighter than stanard bulbs..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
You are probably right. I mean same wattage w/ brighter light, but output is probably the same as the SilverStar Ultras. Anything w/ the colored tips obviously produces less light output than the stock oem bulbs. However, I may give them a try as they are under 20 bucks a pair.

Besides, they can't be worse off than the SilverStars right?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I think these might be worse... these are "rated" at 6000K, wheren't the SilverStars in the 5K range? If so that would mean more blue, and therefore less light than the SilverStars.

Go ahead give 'em a try, we can add it to my gallery of bulb comparisions.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Coness said:
Besides, they can't be worse off than the SilverStars right?
C-

They are blue-bulbs so yes they can be worse than the Silverstars. The light will be "whiter" but there will be less of it.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
I saw the blue ones, they seemed pretty lame. I was actually looking at the Eurodezyne "Ultra", which are white. If there is an overwhelming response of "Coness u r a tard and this is a waste of time for you" then i'll pass on the bulbs and stick w/ the SilverStar Ultras.

·
5,268 Posts
Gonzo said:
Coness u r a tard and this is a waste of time for you. :p
Everything Gonzo said.......

Except "u r a tard "..

:2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
IMO if you want a brighter bulb and dont care for the really white light then the HIR bulb is the best. I put those in my Camaro and they are a LOT brighter.

Has anyone tried the HIR in their MO?

·
5,268 Posts
2007Murano said:
IMO if you want a brighter bulb and dont care for the really white light then the HIR bulb is the best. I put those in my Camaro and they are a LOT brighter.

Has anyone tried the HIR in their MO?
I had them in fogs...and liked them!

261 - 280 of 320 Posts
About this Discussion
319 Replies
53 Participants
Coness
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing