Nissan Murano Forum banner

281 - 300 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
2007Murano said:
IMO if you want a brighter bulb and dont care for the really white light then the HIR bulb is the best. I put those in my Camaro and they are a LOT brighter.

Has anyone tried the HIR in their MO?
Unfortunately they do not make dual-filament HIR bulbs, so they are not applicable to the MO's headlights.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Gonzo said:
What are HIR bulbs?
HIR stands for Halogen Infrared Reflecting.

The bulbs have a special shape and a unique relective coating on the inside of the glass. Together these two items reflect the radiated heat from the filament back onto the filament to produce a brighter light.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
G-

Unfortunately they only come in single-filament versions. So there is no version that will fit the dual-filament headlights for halogen-equiped MOs.

-njjoe

·
5,268 Posts
Gonzo,
I bought them on-line for my fogs. They worked very well. Here is a link: HIR

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
I guess the results are in...Coness is a tard and I am wasting my time w/ the Eurodezigns. Thanks for the input!

·
5,268 Posts
Hoens – lasted less than 12 months. $50

Sylvania Silvers Stars (in my wife FX) – less than 12 months. $50.

Sylvania Silver Stars Ultra (my wife FX) – less than 12 months. $56.

I have had enough. Today I have ordered HIR’s. $57. They do output more light and last very long! (I know I had them in the Murano).

Lessons learned – never again “super whites”.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Kris said:
Hoens – lasted less than 12 months. $50

Sylvania Silvers Stars (in my wife FX) – less than 12 months. $50.

Sylvania Silver Stars Ultra (my wife FX) – less than 12 months. $56.

I have had enough. Today I have ordered HIR’s. $57. They do output more light and last very long! (I know I had them in the Murano).

Lessons learned – never again “super whites”.
Hey Kris,

I thought that HIR's weren't available for the MO. Is this for the fogs or headlights? If headlights, where did you buy them from? Do you have a link? I am really interested in this technology, but last time i checked (about 6 months ago) they didn't make them for the MO's headlights.

Thanks,

Coness!

·
5,268 Posts
These are for fogs. Still if you have fogs in your Murano they would help.

I bought them from ebay from the same guy as last time. Just do a search for HIR's and you will find them. They are worth every peny!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Kris said:
These are for fogs. Still if you have fogs in your Murano they would help.

I bought them from ebay from the same guy as last time. Just do a search for HIR's and you will find them. They are worth every peny!
S model doesn't come w/ fogs...:mad:

Oh well, perhaps someday they will come out w/ them!!!! Thanks for the follow-up.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Philips X-Treme 9007(HB5)

Hey guys I wanted to let you know that Philips has a somewhat new bulb. The X-treme. I've heard good things about them and have actually put an order in for them. I'll let you guys know and possibly post some pics when I get them installed.

Has anyone else tried them at all?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay, been busy. So here are the comparisons. Sorry for the shottie images, but I am not a photographer or a graphics artist. If someone wants copy them and put them side by side, please do so. The Xtreme Power does seem light it produces more light, but the SilverStars are definitely whiter (IMO).

Comparisons are in my photo gallery.

Headlight Comparison

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hmmm interesting.... I would have loved to see these again the Standard bulb... looking at the pictures I would be it is about the same. I agree with your the Silverstars are whiter but I never found them brighter.

These two photos are hard to compare as the exposure is not the same.... IMHO the only way is to set the camera manual on a white balance of SUN and set the exposure manual so each bulb is taken with similar colors and exposures. That is what I did for my bulb eval.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Coness said:
If someone wants copy them and put them side by side, please do so. The Xtreme Power does seem light it produces more light, but the SilverStars are definitely whiter (IMO).

Silverstars on Top (or Left, depending on how big your monitor is)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just installed Xtreeme Powers and they are pretty awesome! I wear glasses, so I clearly have vision issues. I installed one at first because I did not know Nissan engineers were not the brightest with how hard they make it to change a darn bulb on the right side. But I'm happy with them so far. Let's see how long they last...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Its hard to compare these in the photographs as the exposure is different, see the grill and driveway... they are not the same exposure and therefore hard to tell brightness and color tempurature.

I think the only way to get a valid photo comparision is to see the camera to a white balance of sun and then use the exact same exposure settings (f stop and shutter speed).

281 - 300 of 320 Posts
About this Discussion
319 Replies
53 Participants
Coness
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing