Nissan Murano Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Sorry guys...twas the best I could do. Again, IMHO the Xtreme's do appear to provide more lighting output while driving.

If you are looking for whiter, then probably silverstar's or something else is for you. If you are looking for more output, therefore brighter, you may want to give the Xtreme's a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys pretty new here. Googling about changing my headlight bulb and found this site very informative. Bought my Silverstar Ultra from ebay $19 shipping included. Im happy :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Hey guys pretty new here. Googling about changing my headlight bulb and found this site very informative. Bought my Silverstar Ultra from ebay $19 shipping included. Im happy :D
Welcome to the forum! Good luck w/ your replacement bulbs and be sure to use this forum. All the peeps on here are great and have helped me out alot!!!!:29:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the forum (a year late it seems). When the Silverstars burn out, try the X-tremes. If you want brighter, you can't beat Philips X-treme Power +80 bulbs. Remember bluer is not brighter, especially when it's achieved using a blue-tinted bulb envelope. Unfortunately, Silverstars (among many others) are just marketing at its best (lower output, shorter life, high cost upfront and overtime). When the bulb envelope is anything but clear, the tint acts as a filter blocking light from the filament.

The downside of the X-tremes is a lowered lifespan, but this is because you can't get something for nothing. There is a brightness/lifespan ratio that halogen technology is condemned to follow: when compared to a standard bulb, brighter = shorter life, longer life = dimmer.

Brightness Scale (dim < bright)
Silverstars (or similar) < Long-Life (LL) bulbs < Standard Halogen < X-tremes

Lifespan Scale (short < long)
Silverstars (or similar) < X-tremes < Standard Halogen < LL bulbs

Hope this adds some clarity!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought a kit from the USA to upgrade my driving lights on my murano 2009 current model need help . how to take out head lights from vehicle any one please r there any treads with photas as to how to do it ?cheers .SERGIO

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
i just bought a kit from the USA to upgrade my driving lights on my murano 2009 current model need help . how to take out head lights from vehicle any one please r there any treads with photas as to how to do it ?cheers .SERGIO
Sergio-

Welcome to the forum.

Are you looking to remove the bulb or the entire headlight assembly?

-njjoe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I have a 2007 S model and hate the night driving because of my headlights too. I want to upgrade to something more bright like HID.... I just don't know how. I saw conversion kits but I'm not sure it can be done with my model and just buying the entire headlight itself is well..... really expensive. Any help that won't put a strain on my purse???

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Hey, I have a 2007 S model and hate the night driving because of my headlights too. I want to upgrade to something more bright like HID.... I just don't know how. I saw conversion kits but I'm not sure it can be done with my model and just buying the entire headlight itself is well..... really expensive. Any help that won't put a strain on my purse???
What is your definition of expensive? If you are patient you can pick up a set of used HID headlights on eBay for around $400.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
That sounds reasonable... would that be the cheapest way?
Check out the following link: http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/65-accessories/4748-oem-halogen-oem-xenon-hid-headlight-conversion-instructions.html It has everything you need to know about the conversion. I'd like to keep this thread on topic, so if you have any questions you can post them there.

I sourced my HID assemblies from eBay. Just be patient and you can get a decent deal. It is basically a plug-n-play installation. The only mod is a short jumper wire across two legs of a relay to facilitate the high-beams.

-njjoe

·
Registered
978 Posts
Philips X-tremeVision (+100)

Back on topic (Brightest 9007 Replacement), Philips introduced a new ultra high efficacy bulb, Philips X-tremeVision* (XV). It's up to 100% brighter (+100) than a standard 9007, with the normal caveat of a lower expected lifespan -- You'll get similar lifespan out of the X-tremePower (XP) or the Osram Night Breaker, for that matter. For reference, the XV is a bit brighter than the XP (XP is a +80 bulb). I believe they're now phasing out the XP's because they're no longer listed on Philips' site.

More light and better beam focus and less lifespan** as you move up from:
Long Life --> Standard --> +30 --> +50/60 --> +80/90 --> +100 etc.​

*Not to be confused with CrystalVision Ultra (blue-tinted junk), Vision (+30) or VisionPlus (+60) bulbs.
**Silverstars and similar blue-tinted bulbs break the rule by outputting less light and also having a shorter expected lifespan than standard bulbs. :28:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello I did this H11 to H9 conversion and it worked well. I tryed the HID thing from DDM but I find they are intermittent on the turn on. Firing up. So i went to this for now until they exchange the kit and it is good. Look at this link I have read that h11 have 1300 lumuns and h9 have 2350 lumuns so it is brighter and whiter and that is what i find. The installation is not to bad just cut the bulb slow. i used the tin snips. The pictures in the link are good. Follow carefully
H11 to H9 conversion. DIY with temps - NASIOC

·
Registered
978 Posts
Larry, I'm glad to hear you like the H9's. For clarification, the H9 conversion is only applicable to 2009+ Muranos with standard halogen headlights.

I have read that h11 have 1300 lumuns and h9 have 2350 lumuns
Close. H11 = 1350 lumens (nominal), H9 = 2100 lumens (nominal)

I tryed the HID thing from DDM but I find they are intermittent on the turn on. Firing up. So i went to this for now until they exchange the kit and it is good.
I seriously hope you reconsider -- HID conversion kits are dangerous and illegal (read more here).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello Gang, Has any one changed the entire halogen headlamps over to HID headlamps, not just bulbs, but the entire headlamp assemblies themselves? I'm sure it would be possible and probably costly too. I'm thinking about this because of the projector lens vs. the stock lamp. Any thought, ideas or info from one who has accomplished this task.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Hello Gang, Has any one changed the entire halogen headlamps over to HID headlamps, not just bulbs, but the entire headlamp assemblies themselves? I'm sure it would be possible and probably costly too. I'm thinking about this because of the projector lens vs. the stock lamp. Any thought, ideas or info from one who has accomplished this task.
Yep! I did the upgrade on my 2005 two years ago and am 100% pleased with the results.

-njjoe

301 - 320 of 320 Posts
About this Discussion
319 Replies
53 Participants
Coness
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing