Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Interesting.......just wonder what: " Over 30MPG on the Highway " means.............anybody out there brave enough to explain?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The 30MPG must have been when the alternator died and the Murano was "coasting" for a bit, getting infinity miles per gallon to bump that mileage up a bit.

Looking at the trip meter, the 600+ miles implies 30mpg, so if its a genuine reading (i.e. reset only after the previous fillup) then maybe it is a magical Murano.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's what I just sent to eBay:

To: eBay Customer Support
Subject: Report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)

"A Nissan Murano definitely does not get anywhere near 30 MPG on the freeway. The EPA estimates are 24 MPG freeway. I normally wouldn't care, maybe it's a typo, but the seller states that it gets over 30 MPG in the FIRST line of the vehicle description. Also, since an SUV that gets more than 20 MPG freeway is not that unique, I think the seller intentionally made the false claim of 30 MPG, due to his/her wording: "Yes an SUV that gets over 30 MPG's on the Highway".

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a fraudulent listing, but I wanted to bring it to your attention so that any appropriate action may be taken.

Thank you."

·
Registered
470 Posts
30 mpg on the highway may be possible at 40-50 mph. A graph of mph vs mpg created by MightyMO shows numbers like this. I have seen mpg on the trip computer of 28+ when going under 50 mph.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
>>> 30+ MPG <<<

Fraudulent advertising?? Misleading the buyer??

What did you expect from a car dealer? And a used-car dealer at that!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any car can get 50+ mpg on the highway if it's going downhill the entire time. But that doesn't mean you can advertise the car as getting 50 mpg highway. So just because the Mo may be able to momentarily hit 30+ in certain conditions, you still can't advertise it as a car that "gets over 30 MPG's on the Highway".

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well the canadian murano's are rated at 23 in the city and 32 on the highway hahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts