Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Actually, the CVT would last a lot longer than you would think, just not as long as you would like....

A once a year CVT change would probably be the case. It would be fun!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys think there would be any SAFE aftermarket performance parts?

·
4,601 Posts
A G35x Supercharged, would be a nice aftermarket part.

Other than that, cold air intake and different exhaust, would pick up a few horses and not make a huge difference to the life of the CVT.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
jaak said:
A G35x Supercharged, would be a nice aftermarket part.
LOL.

As far as '03 ('02 build date) CVT longevity is concerned, I'm testing it. The amount of time spent at the torque peak of the motor is supposed to be small, but I drive a lot of the time by accelerating with the RPMs at the torque peak the whole time. I have a pop charger so far, and will be adding a Z Tube and removing the center muffler this summer. Those mods should add about 10-12 hp (combined). If cash permits, I'd like an exhaust upgrade and possibly the JWT cams. That would probably add another 20-25 (combined), putting me around 30-40 over stock, or about 275-285 hp. So far I have 53,000 miles without a problem.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'd really like to see these hp gain claims backed up by dyno results. So many bolt-ons 'claim' outlandish gains. Another misconception iseems to be that peak hp gains are additive.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Halo said:
I'd really like to see these hp gain claims backed up by dyno results. So many bolt-ons 'claim' outlandish gains. Another misconception iseems to be that peak hp gains are additive.
If you want dyno results, check out www.jimwolftechnology.com for some parts and www.nissanperformancemag.com for other parts. Nissan Performance Mag also explains much about how performance parts work, and it's no misconception that hp gains are additive. One misconception though is that peak hp gains are ALL that matter. The peak hp increase doesn't matter as much as how the entire power band is affected. In some cases, the peak hp gains are above stock redline and in some cases there are gains to peak hp while losing precious power at lower RPMs.

·
4,601 Posts
That 3.5 litre Altima sure sounds nice at high rpm on the dyno... OK, I could see the Murano sounding interesting in S with the intake mod... Does it?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
jaak said:
That 3.5 litre Altima sure sounds nice at high rpm on the dyno... OK, I could see the Murano sounding interesting in S with the intake mod... Does it?
Yeah, that's pretty close to what the Murano sounds like with an intake. Once you get above 4k RPM and the intake opens up, it really roars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just emailed them an issued a challenge to do something unique and try a MO on for size or is it toooo MOuch for them to handle!:1pat:

J

·
0 Posts
grfg8r said:
I just emailed them an issued a challenge to do something unique and try a MO on for size or is it toooo MOuch for them to handle!:1pat:
Let us know what they say.

Technosquare is what me and the guys at the Z shop use in our 350Zs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jag or Anybody in or near Linville Falls , N.C.,
I just spoke w/ ADDCO sway bars and aske d about something for the Mo. They told me , all they need to do is just get one in there and they'd make a kit up. Anybody Close?

·
Registered
470 Posts
special-k said:
Cuz it would blow the CVT to little itty-bitty pieces. :)
What proof do you have for the above statement ? The CVT in the Murano has not been a problem form most owners and the car has a 3500 lb tow rating, more than your average vehicle. Many vehicles require a tow package to tow this much.

Nissan just announced they are going to use the CVT in several of their future products.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got a "Failed Delivery" on my email challenge to nissanperformancemag.com, anybody else want to try them?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Got a response from Technosquare about an ECU. It looks like they have one, but they aren't releasing it yet:

We did just one 2003 Murano for while ago for testing.
It gained quite bit of torque and power but we are holding to release this , because of the transmission issue.
It just too much for it.

Sales
Technosquare, Inc.

J

·
0 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
Got a response from Technosquare about an ECU. It looks like they have one, but they aren't releasing it yet:

Well that is pretty cool.

Grfg8r-- I'm not quite close enough to do that, sorry.

·
4,601 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:

That's easy to fix, program it so it still holds back a bit at low rpm, but let it tear, up in the powerband. The CVT woudn't be in a high torque condition at that point, anyway. It's launch that's the big problem area, from what I understand...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts