Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Neat idea if you don't mind the wire hanging out.

After all, you weren't likely to wear out your cassette player any time soon, were you? (Seriously, why is it still there?)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent used that Bose cassette player since the day i bought my MO...why o why did they put it there taking up space...I rather trade the cassette deck for an auxility input. May be it's kinda useful for something now...?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i wish instead of the cassette player they had a MD player.

·
4,601 Posts
Like the Japanese version!

Hmmm.. Might be an interesting mod to pull out the cassette deck and put in a panel with some connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
PhongZ said:
There was a previous post on this, glad to see it is now shipping. Groovy that it is so cheap and you have volume and track change all available from the steering wheel controls.

In comparing FM modulation to cassette adapter what is the best sound quality ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it usually goes like this...

Aux input > Tape adapter > FM Modulation

·
4,601 Posts
Yup... Direct is best, as it will support best frequency response and dynamic range.

Tape adapter turns your tape deck head into an audio transformer, so frequency range and dynamic range are not as good as direct.

FM modulator quality varies greatly, but FM receivers only need to receive up to 15 KHz to meet the FM broadcast band standard, and suffer from dynamic range issues if not well designed. Chances are, the Murano will go a bit past 15 kHz, but still not extremely high.

If you're young, it may make a difference. If you're old, your hearing probably can't hear the extreme high frequencies anymore. (Sorry, reality of life. I can't hear to 21 KHz anymore, myself!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Griffin Smart Deck adapter

I purchased the Griffin Smart Deck unit yesterday....the literature made it sound like a super product.
Seems that Mo (or at least mine) doesn't like this thing....
when the tape goes in...it sounds like a 29 cent cassette from 70's...the ones that made that horrible loud scrapping noise.
As far as using the cassette controls to advance the I-Pod...no chance.....
So overall...not worth the money unless you play your music at loud volume levels constantly to drown out the cassette noise.

David

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I have One

It works as advetised but I didn't get to try it on the MOdMo before I sold her. It is on a Dodge Durango, just a normal GM radio and it does it's thing.

Grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts