Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put wood trims on top my factory stainless. anybody know where I can buy them at.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Personally I wouldn't go the route of a wood overlay kit. I just think that it does not go with the edgystyle that the aluminum trim in the Murano pulls off so well.

I do understand the want to try something different though. On my last car I covered the entire dash in carbon fiber...it was beautiful.

Personally I think that buying an aluminum kit would be nice because it has a few pieces that don't come initially on the Murano.

Good luck finding what you want though! :29: Oh, and be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just say no man. It just doesn't look good, especially on the Murano. You'll have all that alluminum showing around the edges of the wood. I just looks like crap IMO.

Now if you could REMOVE all that alluminum and replace it with wood, I'd concede that it would probably look pretty good but to just lay the wood on top of it looks like something Joe Bubba in back bayou Louisiana would do. You'd take the risk of becoming the subject of a "you might be a redneck" joke. I oughta know. I'm a Louisiana coonass redneck ;)

·
5,268 Posts
I agree with the above. I would not change aluminim with wood........it just does not look right on MO........

But it is my opinion and you can elect to do so.........

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
I like the way that carbon fiber looks in the stang, snowmo.

Do you still have that LG LX5350 phone? Total POS.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Sgt_Beavis,

My SO is a Louisiana redneck coonass, too :D . It would have to be cypress wood overlay to be a Louisiana bayou special. Come to think of it, cypress might look right nice with a cafe latte interior...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dij said:
Sgt_Beavis,

It would have to be cypress wood overlay to be a Louisiana bayou special. Come to think of it, cypress might look right nice with a cafe latte interior...

Hmmm, cypress wood trim. Damn, that's actually a really good idea.

Headed to the lumber yard.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Caruso said:
I like the way that carbon fiber looks in the stang, snowmo.

Do you still have that LG LX5350 phone? Total POS.
Thanks! I loved that car, and hated to see it go, but the MO is definitely a worthly replacement.

As for the phone...nope, hated that and the Sprint Store customer support that I received with it. So in turn I cancelled my sprint plan and moved to Verizon...I could care less about the company as long as the service is there, however, the experiences I had with "Billy" at the sprint store made me never want to have anything to do with sprint again. Oh, and he is now no longer employed by Sprint.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I strongly considered the wood deal....but the stuff that lays flat is plastic....

I would rather have aluminum.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wood trim has never gone away and never will.

Currently, the most avante garde of the American car companies is Cadillac.
In addition, there is a company that all the rest chase, known as Lexus. Swathed in wood.
Much more so than Cadillac.
There is even a car built by a nondescript Japanese car company by the name of Nissan that has lots of wood. Infinity M45 or somesuch.

Of course, if you don't like wood, there are companies like Yugo, and other POS..........

The main thing is this.
If you don't like wood trim, say so.

Don't attempt to insult people who do.

Homer

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Plenty of wood on ebay. But be sure that you insist on real wood, not the plastic. Most of the sellers offer a money back if it wasn't put on, so you can get it, lay it on there, and if you dont like the look, send it back. Price range $130-200

·
Registered
10 Posts
You might want to checkout woodtrim.com. They have a nice selection of trims. I like the look of silver carbon. Not sure if they make them for MO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
wood

Hey Homer...chill..

If I wanted to insult him I would have. MO buyers are MO buyers not there to modify to a North American SUV. Yes there are plenty of wood Japanese cars but you buy the MO for one reason...the way it is.

Relax.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
OK

Caruso and nismomurano have decided to take thew forum in a much different direction.

So, to please them, I will remove the bookmark.

To the rest of you, I hope you enjoy these guys.
Maybe they will insult you next.
That's their style.

Bye bye little boys.

Homer

·
Registered
424 Posts
Homer, I wish you would stay. I enjoy your posts and this forum will be a lot less interesting without you :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts