Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First off, I love the Murano and I'm looking to replace my 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5L with a 2018 Murano or 2018 Outback 3.6L.

I've test driven the SV and SL but I am looking for owners opinion and experiences in regards to fuel economy, towing, daily driving and day to day pros and cons.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love my 2018 SV with premium package. 11,000 miles on it now. I like cloth seats and it was the best combination of cloth, safety features, comfort and technology for the price. Fuel economy and power is great IMO. Don’t tow anything so can’t comment about that. Love the around view monitor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From a Forester to a Murano will be like losing sight in one eye. Well maybe not that bad but I own both and I just very seldom drive the Murano because you can see out of the Forester so much better. I guess if I didn't have the 360 camera I would never drive it and using the camera gets to be a pain sometimes. I bought the Forester for a second car but it my primary now. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like driving it compared to the Forester in regards to ride quality, seat comfort, long distance driving, etc?

I agree with the visibility comment but I hate the seats in my Forester and there's lots of road and wind noise which I didn't hear much in the Murano.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fuel Mileage is hard to say. I went from an Escape 2.0 Eco to a Murano. My wife drove both, she stated the Murano uses way more fuel and I agree. The lie meter that tells you how much used is useless. Highway is low and city is high, overall Nissan measurements seem way off. The vehicle overall is excellent. The only miss is no windshield washer low warning being dusty and wet here makes this noticeable.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You can only tow 1500 pounds with the Murano. If the Murano would not look so good, I'm not sure Nissan would sell so many! They also have great discounts. The Outback is is more traditional and very functional (built-in retractable crossbars, higher ground clearance, X-Mode AWD, directional LED head lights). However it's missing the wow factor (no pano sunroof, no around view monitor, no foot operated tailgate, etc.) It's hard for me to tell you which one is better as it depends on many factors. My neighbor's wife has a 2018 Outback Limited H6 and his brother-in-law has a Murano; he finds the latter more comfortable but you would have to make your own comparison as we're all different.

If you want to keep the vehicle for a long time, I would recommend the Outback. The H6 has proven to be very reliable vs the 2.5L. Good luck with your choice, two great vehicles IMO but quite different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Love my 2018 SV with premium package. 11,000 miles on it now. I like cloth seats and it was the best combination of cloth, safety features, comfort and technology for the price. Fuel economy and power is great IMO. Don’t tow anything so can’t comment about that. Love the around view monitor.
Same man. The SV Premium Package is literally a steal. Basically fully loaded without leather seats, and heated steering wheel. And the heated seat on cloth feels so much better than on leather...just my opinion. What color is yours, btw?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Phil T
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing