Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been away for a while. Lots has happened since my MO got totalled on Dec. 9th, 2003. A 2003 Mach 1 came and went, a 2005 Lotus Elise did the same (lasting 4 months in the household), I got married, picked-up a 2002 Mercedes C230 Coupe and a 2004 Ducati ST3 (which the wife wants me to sell now.) Oh, and the insurance company FINALLY settled with me this week. :rolleyes:

But now... I find that I really miss everything about the MO and I'm beginning my search for a used one. I'd be selling my trusty '97 Audi A4 (177K miles) and the Ducati to get one.

I found a used 2004 SL AWD with Nav on the East Coast, but it has a bunch of miles (64,000 miles.) The asking price is kind-of high... about $21K. What do you guys think?

My wife won't let me get another Glacier Pearl MO because of the bad luck I've had (2 accidents, not my fault, on exactly the same street within months of each other.) So we're looking at Polished Pewter with the Cafe Latte interior. I know I'm being picky... but I'm willing to wait for the right car. I can't buy a new one now because we're remodelling the house and most of my money is tied up in that. So I'm looking for a good, used deal.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
With the 06's coming out now, you might be able to get a killer deal on a new leftover 05 model.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I would SERIOUSLY consider The Grippers MO.

I would bet anything there isn't a finer used MO in the WORLD.

Homer

·
4,601 Posts
If you're really stuck on the AWD, then Grips MO won't do it, but I'm with Homer and Eric, I'd consider Grips MO. It's an 05 and you know it's going to be in excellent shape.

The '05's steering and alternator are upgraded, plus it has a few other little things added. On the down side, the AWD isn't as robust as Nissan thought, so they've backed off how much it's engaged.

By the way, how do you like the C230?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input

Actually I'm pretty sold on the AWD. I would use it a few times in the year going up to Mammoth and visiting my friend up in Lake Arrowhead. I'd like to keep one AWD car in the family since the MO would replace my trusty Audi A4 Quattro.

I love the C230 Coupe. It's a tremendous bargain since it seems like it's a relatively unpopular car in the Mercedes line-up. I purposely chose the 2002 model because it has a cast iron 2.3 liter motor and I can overdrive the supercharger and make about 242 horsepower. The 2003+ C230s have an aluminum 1.8 liter and there's not much you can do to the motor. To keep performance on-par with the 2002, they changed the rear end ratio. The 2002 is a bit more coarse in terms of NVH and engine noise than the 2003+, but it makes more power. And, with the automatic transmission, I get 30 mpg on the freeway and 22 mpg in town. (19.2 mpg in stop-and-go traffic.) The computer automatically dials back power in 1st gear, but I can still take off pretty quickly and, with a little torque braking, it can smoke its rear tires easily. The car is sturdy, safe (8 air bags, stability control, traction control) and actually pretty fun to drive. There's a few things that aren't great... CD based Navigation (COMAND system), fiber optic linked CD Changer means dedicated CD changers only, etc. But the integrated telephone is awesome.

Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
man to bad about the need of the AWD(although i do understand what your getting into when driving up to mammoth) Grips mo would have been an incredible deal. i'm surprised he hasn't sold it yet..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts