Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

the door handles (inside) seem to be a little loose. if i try to close the door quickly by pulling it by the handle while sitting inside, it feels like the handle separates from the door for a moment and then the door tries its best to catch up with the handle...

you notice anything like that? anybody had it fixed or is it the way it is built?

:confused:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I've not noticed a problem with loose door handles, however I do know, from taking off the door, that the door is basically held on by a few screws and plastic tabs/rivets that pop into place on the metal behind the door panel. You may want to check the screws, the 2 most easily found ones are:
behind a small plastic cover behind the door handle (the one you use to open the door) and one in the hand well of the other door handle (the one you grab to close the door) Maybe they are not in place, or you may want to try a quick bang around the perimeter of the door to ensure the plastic rivets (or whatever you call them) are in place.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snow MO said:
I've not noticed a problem with loose door handles, however I do know, from taking off the door, that the door is basically held on by a few screws and plastic tabs/rivets that pop into place on the metal behind the door panel. ..
That's exactly my feeling - the door is held by just a couple of screws... I am affraid that in time it will simply fall apart.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I honestly feel that its pretty sturdy. The clips (that is the word I was looking for before) and the screws do a pretty good job of holding the door to the door panel. I was able to cover the entire metal underside of each door with 1/4 inch thick insulation and still attach the door via the clips. I think if anyone's panels are going to snap off over time it would be mine, but I'm not worried at all. It seemed pretty sturdy.
-----
Plus there are no more annoying door rattles, and it only took me 3 dealer visits to figure out that if I did it myself it would be fixed right.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I've actually never thought of closing my door by pulling on the handle. THey seem awfully small to be yanking on.
I use the arm rest. That seems very sturdy.

Homer

·
Registered
81 Posts
Snow MO...did that insulation help quell the rattling? Here in Toronto winter, my MO is suffering fom cracking sound from the door panels everytime I pass a bump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts