Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my drivers seat is loose in my MO! Everytime I start forward movement of the car (gradually not a jump start) it seems if there is a slight shift of the seat. Has anyone else experienced this or are you aware of a SB?

·
Registered
68 Posts
As I was test driving a friend of mine's 03 SE AWD MO, I noticed the same thing. My 04 is do in next week, so I'll see how that is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I remember some 2003s having a rocking seat issue but our 2004 seems fine with regards to the seat. I do notice a few....I wouldn't call them rattles more like creaks sometimes though. Its one creak that happens intermittently. Mostly when there arent any rear passengers. My guess its something to do with the seatbelts hitting the side but Im not sure. It's nothing annoying yet and just occurs occasionally.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've noticed my seat has a bit of creaking going on, but no real movement. Hmm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
JEME,
I’m glad you brought this up. My seat started to make noises this weekend when driving up an incline and hitting a few bumps. Felt like it was kind of loose. Between the rattling of the windows and now this, it really got me pissed. Anyway, I called my service department and I explained the seat situation. He said something just came out about it and he is ordering some sort of rail kit for me. At least Nissan knows about it and has a fix.
He will be looking into the window (rattling) too. I’m not waiting for my scheduled maintenance period to have them look at it. It’s a new car!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I noticed this as well in my '03. Since I'm so tall, my seat is all the way on the ground so in my normal settings, I don't experience this. When I was messing around....there was a rocking motion though. I remember seeing a thread or two on this issue already in the Problems section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rebo -

Cool! When you get the scoop can you please post it here? My dealer is so clueless - I had to explain the entire SAT radio story to him - they claimed that an 04 MO could not have sat radio! Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Doombringer said:
I've noticed my seat has a bit of creaking going on, but no real movement. Hmm.

Same here. it is pretty loud but my service guy said he will take care of it and give me a loaner while the work is being done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The driver seat in my 04 rocks a little bit also (not in the good way...ha ha ha) and clicks while doing so. It feels like the front LH side of the seat has some up/down play.

I am also very tall 6'6" so I have the seat lowered all the way. I thought it may be related to that but I have not yet tried other positions. I will check it out.

I have not had it looked at yet either. Next service perhaps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be getting my car back from the dealer today. Among other things (rattles mostly) he fixed my seat with a rail kit (it a known issue and has a fix). I asked him to write down all the TSB's and fixes so I can pass them on. He stated he fixed the B-Pillar noise, the door rattle and a few other things i wasn't even aware of. The guys at this dealership seem to be really good. We will see. Even with these annoyances, I really love this car\suv. Can't beat the SAT (the Vault is great).

·
Registered
37 Posts
My driver's seat does not rock but _sometimes_ under breaking or acceleration there is the feeling that something moves under my left thigh toward the front left corner of the seat. If I shift around trying to move the seat itself it is rock solid. Occasionally there is a popping sound when this occurs. It almost feels as if something is loose in the seat.

I've heard several stories about the rails being replaced. In at least one case this did not solve the problem. I have seen a TSB on the issue and it calls for replacing part of the lift mechanism, not the rails. Since my seat does not shift in the rails I doubt that that is my problem.

I'm am tall too and keep the seat low down. My wife is the primary driver and she is short and light and has never noticed this. I have tried a few different positions with the seat but the problem is very intermittent so it is hard to say if it is position related. It will be hard to demonstrate it to the dealer. It is such a mild problem I might not even bother.

George

·
Registered
2 Posts
Completely loose seat

My Murano just recently this week the drivers seat is almost completely loose. It rocks not from side to side or front to back, but corner to opposite across corner. The seat seems to lean forward, even though it is tilted all the way back it can go. I would accelarate and the seat pops back like a spring loaded office chair, except the entire seat moves not just the back. I purchased it back in April '03 with 14 miles on it, everything but DVD & navigation. First real problem. Others are just simple minor stuff: CD player after playing a CD for awhile, will suddenly stop playing on drivers side speakers. No matter what CD is playing. If I swith to radio or cassette the sound is through all speakers. That rules out bad speakers or amp. I dunno? It goes in this Friday for the seat. There should be no charge for this, should there?

:1: Memo

·
Registered
29 Posts
No charge on mine for the rail kit.

Got my car back, the rattles in the drivers side are gone except for the occasional popping. I used the fix that was posted (worked great) and now, I have no more noise from the drivers side.
The mechanic must of touched something he should not have, cause i hear a creaking from around the dash/passenger side that was not there before.

My seat is fine, seems much higher, however time will tell if it goes again. I left the service paper work at home so I don't have the specifics. I will post them later.
They had the car for 2 days.
Some more good news.
They only charged me 24 bucks for the 3750 mile maintenance.
Still lovin my Murano.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts