Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2011 murano with 178,xxx miles , just bought it like 3 weeks ago.

She was on the HW today and says she heard a rattling noise and began to lose speed struggling to keep it at 40mph. The vehicle has multiple codes, I feel like the tranny is bad just from the few times I’ve drove it. Hoping that’s not the case. I will list the codes we had scanned today! Thanks In advanced for any insight!

P0430-catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2
P0101-Mass or Air flow a circuit range /performance
P2A00- O2 sensor range bank 1 sensor 1 short to VBAT
P1701-power supply circuit -microcuts
P0868-transmission fluid pressure low-microcuts
C1109-abnormal battery voltage

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My girlfriend has a 2011 murano with 178,xxx miles , just bought it like 3 weeks ago.

She was on the HW today and says she heard a rattling noise and began to lose speed struggling to keep it at 40mph. The vehicle has multiple codes, I feel like the tranny is bad just from the few times I’ve drove it. Hoping that’s not the case. I will list the codes we had scanned today! Thanks In advanced for any insight!

I would imagine your girlfriend is not very happy right now. I would organize all those codes into three buckets:

ELECTRICAL

The Murano is susceptible to weird drivability issues if there's a problem with the electrical system. Thus, the first thing I would suggest is to have the battery and alternator tested--auto parts stores should do it for free. Also, check the terminals and ground cable for excessive corrosion.

TRANSMISSION

This code is potentially troubling. Check the fluid level in the CVT using the procedure in the service manual linked below (see the "Maintenance" file). If it's low, fill with NS-2 specification CVT fluid. Also, check the condition of the fluid and inspect the underside of the engine/transmission for leaks. If the fluid is very dirty, you may want to consider doing a drain/refill (and maybe several). If it's not been changed in 178k miles, I would imagine the fluid is in pretty bad shape.

ENGINE PERFORMANCE

The most common cause of that MAF code is not a faulty MAF, but a vacuum leak. Also, a vacuum leak could potentially cause the other two codes so that must be ruled out before moving on to other potential causes. A good start for your search is to remove the intake tubing (rubber accordion hose) that goes from the air filter box to the throttle body and inspect it for holes/tears.

Search these forums for those codes and you'll find detailed information on how to approach them. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Reactions: ProudAmericn
1 - 2 of 2 Posts