Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

A few months after I installed SAT, I lost the ability to see CD info; track title, disk title, etc., on the display. This occurs on all CDs I have (store bought). SAT works great. Stereo displays relevent info. SAT data; station, song title, artist all display fine...

I have tried several times to change the settings so that disk or track title will display. It will display NO INFO AVAILABLE.

One additional quirk, as I toggle through A, B, C, then CD presets, I loose whatever display mode for SAT or Radio that I have chosen as soon as I start at A again.

Going to dealer for 15K service tomorrow and I will address this with them then. Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem or not.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
JAKE I don't haven't that problem, But when I saw eastern Shore, I could not resist saying hello, Used to spend a lot of time at Wallops Island, all those names still are in my old head Chicoteinque and "Assowoman" etc. carziest bunch of names for towns I ever heard.

Don :)

·
4,601 Posts
Most store bought CD's do not have the CD text embedded, only a few do. I'm sure you've changed CD's since you first got it.

The SAT won't impact what CD info you see. However, you may need to go into the settings menu and change what's displayed, while CD is selected. Thay may have been reset.

Sat is the same, you have to go into the menu and select which single item you want, Channel Name, Artist, etx.

There is a mode on the amber display that let's you see all three items at the same time, but as soon as the display is used by something else, it's cleared.

·
4,601 Posts
All three...

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
My favourite Channel...

Attachments

·
4,994 Posts
I sure wish that ALL Production CD's were Required to have full Text info embedded. I just can't understand why they are losing the marketing advantage of being able to say they have it for use in your vehicle. What is their to lose and a lot to gain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don and Jaak
Thanks for your replies.

Jaak, you brought up a point that I was thinking about yesterday, the approximate % of store bought CDs that would have the text info embedded. Although it seemed that most of my CDs would display the track info, I can't remember which had previously on my system. None of them do now. This is not a major issue. I'll take it up with the dealer later.

Don, yes we have our share of odd names here on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay, a.k.a. Delmarva. Wallops Island is still up and running. I don't know what years you were here, but you probably wouldn't recognize the place. Like many other places in the nation, the construction boom in going on bigtime. There's definately a slower pace in life here as compaired to DC/Baltimore/Philly. One of the reasons we like it here is because of that lifestyle, yet we are roughly 2 hours from those locations when we need some "culture".

Thanks again for your comments.
Jake

·
4,601 Posts
Jake, if you can burn a CD, most programs allow you to include the cd text, so you can ensure you've got one that has it.

Also, when you're in the CD mode, if you press the right knob in, multiple times, you should be able to get to the configuration where you determine if the CD text is displayed, and if it's Artist or Track, that's displayed. Or just the numerical identity of that track.

I'm going by memory, so I may have a detail wrong. (It's like dialling a phone, I just do it, I don't think about how anymore. I've been doing it for two years!)

·
4,994 Posts
Jake I'll give you a clue, we had to fly in by sea plane or take the ferry, nobody ever though of a bridge then, ( 1958 ) I miss the name DelMarva, so nice sounding rolls of the tongue. I also remember the pony round up from Chico. my home base was Langler Research as a NACA nut before NASA. thanks for the trip down memory lane. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
jaak said:
My favourite Channel...
Maybe I am missing something here (like some handy, dandy digital changes to the original picture of the display) but how did you program the display to show MO JAAK??

·
4,994 Posts
jaak has his ways!

jaak is a guru of the electronics, and has done all kinds of neato stuff.

·
4,601 Posts
rjardine said:

Maybe I am missing something here (like some handy, dandy digital changes to the original picture of the display) but how did you program the display to show MO JAAK??
Well there's two ways you can do this...

1) The easy way, is to burn a CD but change the titles to display what you want. For fun, when I first got the Murano two years ago, I did a normal audio CD, but named one of the tracks "Brake Failure".

Should have seen my wife when that came up. I chuckled and told her the joke I pulled on her. My right arm was sore for a couple of days!

2) You build an interface and some software to communicate over the same bus as the SAT receiver and send commands to it to display what you want. Took me a while (months of spare time here and there) to figure it out, but I've shared all the detail with anyone who's asked. The initial intent was to build an aux audio input, but Pac Audio released one, so I just bought it and stopped working further on it.

At this point, I'm thinking of Monty Python... "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Here's method three of the two ways....

3) Generate an FM signal with a Rohde & Schwarz SML01 signal generator that's equipped with RDS modulation and create your own text enabled FM station. Now that I look at this, the FM picture, actually is FM with RDS generated, from the basement of my house, out to the Murano in the garage. That was fun...

Here's a screen shot through the interface:

Attachments

·
4,994 Posts
Considering that outside temp, display must have been made in the garage or some other time of year than this. Heh Heh. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts