Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of trading in my 05 GMC Canyon for a MO.

I always buy an extended warranty. I have 24k on my GMC and when I purchased it on 12/04 I paid $1740 for the 5 year/75k mile extended warranty.

Anyways to cut the story short, if I don't tap over the standard 36k factory warranty I can get my warranty back or have it go towards the payoff.

I called GMC and they told me that they pro- rate it. What is that? The value of my warranty is now $1100. I told them that was not my understanding. Nevertheless the fact that I am nearing 36k miles it would be in their interest to take me of their exposed liability. They don't seem to think it that way, and that is not their policy.

My two previous cars were Honda and Subaru and they always gave me my warranty back in full if I did not use it.

I definitely need to check with Nissan what their policy is before I step into the dealer.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Well, with the Mo you have 36K/3 years to make you decision about warranty. If I remember correctly you can buy an extended warranty at any time, even if you have 35,999 miles. No need to spend extra money, when you sign up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts