Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning we are having a bit of snow... thus far about 3 inches and its coming done pretty good. Roads a in bad condition (I guess due to the holiday they are lax about snow removal). I get on the highway and nobody is there.... all four lanes open for me an the MO! I look in the rear and see that a fleet of plows is a few hundred yards behind be blocking all four lanes and thus blocking the traffic. :D

Nice I have four snowy lanes in the MO all to my self. Well I drove in without incident. As I was getting off the highway I see an FX with its hazards on. My biggest peeve are drivers that drive with the harzards on in the snow... whats the point? :rolleyes:

When I get closer I see that he must have just gotten into an accident. My first thought.... take a picture to share with the board... my second thought... are you crazy, taking a picture while driving in this stuff now... well you can figure out what I did next.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
This is where I like to start discussions with those that say rear wheel drive based AWD systems are the best for day to day driving....

Bummer for the FX owner. Looks like they need two things. More practice driving in the snow, and their AWD button turned on.

And you know there was a bit of this :3: as it was happening.

Hmmm.... Looks like they slid into a pole or a building or something immovable. Almost missed it...

My guess is, too fast, too cocky, too much brakes and too slippery for their driving skills. So the four ways were on to illuminate the crushed ego.

·
4,601 Posts
I haven't used snow tires in 20 years.... Might have helped in this case!

·
5,244 Posts
I still love the RWD........

In this case jaak you nailed it, quote: My guess is, too fast, too cocky, too much brakes and too slippery for their driving skills. So the four ways were on to illuminate the crushed ego.

·
4,601 Posts
Kris, I'll take RWD based AWD for getting HP to the ground... But in the snow, I'll take FWD based AWD please!

I think an FX and Murano are the best way to enjoy both!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ouch!

That is definitely going to leave a mark. Good thing is from the look of things no one got hurt. Just a reminder to all of us that these AWD drive vehicles with large tires can and do slip and slide like everyone else. :(

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny I showed this to a friend who owns an FX... his first reaction was "as sure footed as the FX is, it is obvious that it is was not his fault."

Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

·
4,601 Posts
Gonzo said:
Funny I showed this to a friend who owns an FX... his first reaction was "as sure footed as the FX is, it is obvious that it is was not his fault."

Hmmmmm :rolleyes:
He's next...

·
4,601 Posts
Which, unfortunately, isn't the exception...:creeplook

1 - 12 of 12 Posts