Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a test last weekend on my MO to see when the low fuel light comes on. According to the owners manual the low fuel pump symbol light will come on and leave you with enough fuel to get to a gas station. It did not say how much fuel will be left in the tank. I was able to fill my my tank as soon as the light came on, I was at 40 Km to DTE and the station was around the corner.

I filled the tank to 78.25 liters on a 82 liter tank, to me, less that 4 liters of fuel especialy on the highway is tempting fate. I know that some people do not look as the gas gauge until the low fuel light comes on.

I would like to know if anyone else has tried this and what there results where. My Nissan dealer could not tell me how fuel is left in the tank when the low fuel light comes on.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read that there should be 10L left when the light comes on.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Ok, so I can't find where I read that. But perhaps it takes some calibration by driving the vehicle for a while before it's accurate?

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I basically don't trust DTE

I never trust DTE as I never know what my driving style will be down the road. Even when I'm driving 800 miles to Florida, I run the chance of getting stuck in traffic. In order of most to least, I trust:

1. the number of miles driven since my last fill-up
2. the fuel gauge
3. DTE

Also on the long drives, I'll setup my gas stops by triangulating miles-to-go according to GPS, miles driven on a tankful, and keeping an eye on DTE to ensure it doesn't drop faster than its supposed to.

·
4,664 Posts
I've driven at least 25 km with the DTE showing ****, so it's conservative on mine.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I let mine get into the ****, but it was the middle of winter and my car was still warming up (using a lot of gas), so I panicked and filled up immediately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My fill-ups shortly after the light have come on are always in the 72- 74 litre range for the 82 litre tank. It doesn't actually say in the manual how many litres are left when it comes on. My Maxima manual did, it states 10 litres. So, the Murano seems to be the same.

David

·
5,268 Posts
Light came up with DTE showing 45 mte. Refilled after 25 more miles. Put in 18 gallons. With 21 3/4 gallons tank it is OK.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There are between 3 and 4 gallons in the tank when my gas light comes on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts