Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever pressed the button fuel economy in your car? mine says 14.8mpg and the sticker says 18city/24highway. Any idea?

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah mine says anywhere between 22-24.5 mpg and thats on 87 octane.

·
5,244 Posts
I am getting 16 - 20 city and 22 - 25 highway.

Do a search and you will find this topic discussed many times. It may help you to learn "how to drive" Murano. Or just press th egas pedal and enjoy it!!!!:D :2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
merkyuree said:
Have you ever pressed the button fuel economy in your car? mine says 14.8mpg and the sticker says 18city/24highway. Any idea?
Also being from SoCal, I think its our high traffic roads and highways that cause lower than sticker mileage on our MO's. I get between 16.5-17.5mpg on my fuel economy screen with mixed highway and city driving. I also sit in a lot of stop and go traffic and am quite heavy on the gas. I like to zip in and out of traffic and really push my MO. But I don't think its just me. I find many MO drivers also drive fairly aggressively.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If you make a lot of short trips, your mileage will be very low. Try taking a long drive (50+ miles) and reset your MPG meter before you go. You'll probably find you get close to EPA numbers.

I get around 15mpg in the city, but on the highway (long trips) I get around 22-23mpg running 93 octane. Shorter highway trips, I never break 20mpg.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
my last 2 tanks gave me an average of between 12.5 -- 13.0 L/100km and that is all in City traffic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
I am assuming you have a new Murano, because I was getting those exact numbers after delivery in 2004. Just drive it gently and ignore those numbers because you need to "work your engine in." (or so I've been told) At around 6000 km, I found that those numbers jumped to the exact dealership sticker readings, and I do have a heavier foot :D
Konrad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts