Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Nissmo said:
I just installed the PAC which was easy but find the volume with TAO (like MyFi) is greatly reduced compared to other inputs and even compared to TAO with cassette adapter. Full volume (31) is only a bit loud unlike CD or other.
Normal or do I need a line amp?
Thanks,
I use a line amp for my Ipod and the output of the XM Roady is adjustable so I get that up also. Now all volumes are equal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nissmo let us know how you end of fixing this. I am considering selling the stock XM Tuner and was trying to decide on a Roady (may wait for the XT to come out), or the TAO. Bought a car to offload miles from the MO and want a single XM solution I can use in both cars.

Have you tried to connect another device to the PAC to see if it is the PAC, or the TAO?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nissmo said:
I found a line out level control on the TAO which makes it "OK". Not as loud as I might like or the CD, but OK.
The TAO is very nice however.
Would that be the output on the back of the car cradle? If not how do ou do the line out? I like the idea of the Tao, but worry that it may be a jack of all trades, master of none. The Roady's and SkyFi were built for cars first, homes second. The XM2Go units are built for home/car/walkman, but I am not sure that the car is superior to the previous mentioned units.

·
Registered
39 Posts
try the input toggles

hi,
I had just put one in a couple of weeks ago. initially I had the same problem (noise and low level music) with a roady and a mp3 player. here is what I noticed and fixed.

1) when you have only 1 source plugged in and it sounds bad, press the preset button to switch to the other input signal (preset 1 for input 1 and preset 2 for input 2).

2) when you have 2 sources plugged in, turn off the source thats not been used.

When I first turned on my roady after installing the PAC, the quality sucked and the noise level was high. So I decided to test the mp3 player and I switched the preset/input before turning on the mp3. then the roady signal came through great on the 2nd preset/input.

So after switching cables/input to the roady abit, I realized that the PAC will allow signal to come through from both inputs. however, one will come over clearer than the other depending on the selected input. Its almost as if there is cross talk between the inputs.

you would just have to test and try to see which input cable you installed sounds best for which input selection.

good luck...

·
4,994 Posts
Re: try the input toggles

yyyyyy said:
hi,
I had just put one in a couple of weeks ago. initially I had the same problem (noise and low level music) with a roady and a mp3 player. here is what I noticed and fixed.

1) when you have only 1 source plugged in and it sounds bad, press the preset button to switch to the other input signal (preset 1 for input 1 and preset 2 for input 2).

When I first turned on my roady after installing the PAC, the quality sucked and the noise level was high. So I decided to test the mp3 player and I switched the preset/input before turning on the mp3. then the roady signal came through great on the 2nd preset/input.

So after switching cables/input to the roady abit, I realized that the PAC will allow signal to come through from both inputs. however, one will come over clearer than the other depending on the selected input. Its almost as if there is cross talk between the inputs.

you would just have to test and try to see which input cable you installed sounds best for which input selection.

good luck...
Their is crosstalk, isolation of PAC is lousy. The Belking to power the Ipod allows for boosting the output via a thum wheel on the Belkin plug, The XM roady has adjustable output. So

As said don't run but one input at a time. Boost the Ipod and Roady to match CD Mine sound Great.

G

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: try the input toggles

yyyyyy said:
hi,

good luck...
This sounds like they have mislabeled the case and input one is really two, and vise versa. Kinda sucks that their is crosstalk when both are used. Has anyone had any noise issues like a voltage hum that increase or decreases because of poor powere? Just wanted to see since this is usually the most common problem when adding audio parts to cars.

I am thinking of the TAO. You can get one now and send in a form for a free 2nd home or car kit. I would get the second car kit to put one in each car.

·
4,994 Posts
Yes I use filters on the power to the Belking line amp and the XM Roady

This sounds like they have mislabeled the case and input one is really two, and vise versa. Kinda sucks that their is crosstalk when both are used. Has anyone had any noise issues like a voltage hum that increase or decreases because of poor powere? Just wanted to see since this is usually the most common problem when adding audio parts to cars.

My filters combine ferrites, chokes, and bypass Caps. Sound like the TAO is adding to the poor performance of the PAC. Remember you need to NOT have both inputs to the PAC on at the same time for best peformance, sounds like you do want two feed live at once, this is not the best way to get good performance low noise, crosstalk etc out of the PAC.

It is also why I switched to the X3 from Precision Interface Electronics and have recommended them here on this forum. Relay switched for 100% isolation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Yes I use filters on the power to the Belking line amp and the XM Roady

GripperDon said:
My filters combine ferrites, chokes, and bypass Caps. Sound like the TAO is adding to the poor performance of the PAC. Remember you need to NOT have both inputs to the PAC on at the same time for best peformance, sounds like you do want two feed live at once, this is not the best way to get good performance low noise, crosstalk etc out of the PAC.

It is also why I switched to the X3 from Precision Interface Electronics and have recommended them here on this forum. Relay switched for 100% isolation.
I don't want to use two at once, just stating that its a poor product if you have to turn off whatever is on the input that is not being used or you will hear it on the one that is being used.

I looked on PIE's website, I can't find an AUX or X3 unit that says it works with Nissan. I see that you can do a Nissan to Pioneer, then a Pioneer to AUX. Can you provide the X3 or PIE AUX Part number? Thanks.

·
4,994 Posts
lnichols

I agree with you on the PAC unit. I think that jaak had a discussion of using the PAC unit wires that activate depending on which input has been selected to operate relays in some way. He may be able to help.

When I said I switched to the X3 from PIE that is the part number. I should have also said that I used it on my other car which is a VW. I guess I have mistakenly thought they made a unit for the Murano also. I thought that what what I was told when I was talking to them on the phone. I must say I am very happy with the unit, might not hurt to give em a call/ Sorry about the mis Information I gave out.

G

·
Registered
255 Posts
NP Grip. I was hoping that you had an X3 and their weren't just that many yet (like you had a testing prototype). PIE seems like a much better company and has a lot of cool products. Seems like the X3 would be perfect for the MO since the preset A/B/C button could select the three inputs. I have questions into them now as to if/when they will have a Nissan/Infiniti solution.

Nissmo... how is the TAO working out? I can get one now for 219 - $50 MIR and get a free 2nd car kit. May get one soon and just wanted an update as to how you like it with the PAC now that you have had more time. Also do you have any pictures of your installation?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nissmo... how is the TAO working out? I can get one now for 219 - $50 MIR and get a free 2nd car kit. May get one soon and just wanted an update as to how you like it with the PAC now that you have had more time. Also do you have any pictures of your installation? [/B][/QUOTE]

I am pleased and would do it again. The TAO is very versatile and I move it between cars often. Prepare for a long wait for free second car kit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is that mounted with the mount that came with the TAO and stuck to the dash, or did you mount it using a 3rd party mount of some sort? Looks good. Does the Orange match the Murano's lighting pretty well?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts