Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud new owner of an '04 SL, Polished Pewter w/ Touring Pkg., black leather interior... I was wondering about the lower bumpers, front and back... I thought they were supposed to be dark silver colored, yet they are the same as the rest of the vehicle, the Pewter color... Also, are there any recommendations on brush / bumper bars?

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's one of the unique and cool things about Polished Pewter - the color of the lower bumpers is close enough so that it looks monochrome.

:2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting.

My 04 Polished Pewter has darker Lower Bumpers (very dark grey), and doesn't match the rest of the MO.

I saw a picture of a Pewter MO with lower bumpers that match the rest of the car.......I thought that it was a 03 vs a 04 thing.

But NYMO, you have a 04........maybe the matching lowers are a feature that comes with the Touring Package???

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Dark Silver lower bumpers are included with the SL Leather Package, but standard on the SE. If you have a base SL, or the Premium or Sunroof packages, you have the dark lower bumpers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bumpers

I have a SE AWD Pewter and it has one colour bumpers.
The Stock SL the lower bumpers dont have paint it is the colour of the bumper before they paint them.SE and SL with primo pkg have drk silver paint.
My pewter coloured car should have dark silver lower bumpers but it duznt. The window sticker says it duz but it duznt.

04 SE AWD pewter
Loggerdude

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if you have an sl with out any packages, you get dark plastic lower bumpers that aren't painted. if you have an se or sl with leather pckg, you hard dark silver lower bumpers. nissans dark silver is polished pewter so if you have a polish pewter sl with leather or se than you basically have a solid colored murano. every other color murano with these packages is 2 tone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bumpers

Thanks nissanlove
I do have a SE AWD I have been goin back and forth with Nissan usa.Glade you cleared that up for me.
Thanks
Loggerdude

Se AWD Pewter

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm also the new owner of an '04 SL AWD, US model, polished pewter, touring package, built June '04, and the lower bumpers are an EXACT color match to the rest of the car. One of my co-workers has a silver MO with touring package, and her lower bumper color--presumably the "dark silver"--does not seem to match mine. I'm not complaining, as I like the monochrome look. Now if I could just find a grille in the same color.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
542 Posts
the new MO in Japan has a gunmetal color grille as an option I believe....may match your pewter very well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a polished pewter SL AWD drive. (Canadian Model) I didn't get a cheap dark plastic for a lower bumper and have the full monotone pewter throughout the car..:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
That may be because of the different or lack of package options in Canada that I have heard about on this site.

·
Registered
49 Posts
jaycen29, interesting about the Japanese market gunmetal grille. Do you know of a source for such parts in the US? Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
542 Posts
well since the MO just came out in Japan as far asI know it is only available there, But Im sure it will get to the US soon, I looked at the pic of it last night and after seeing it again I'm not sure it would match the Pewter. There is a company that sells painted to match grilles for the MO. I believe they are called ultratrim.

here is the thread with link to their site.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1478&highlight=painted+grille

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I have 04, SL Leather interior and the lower bumbers are EXACTLY the same as vehicle, Polished Pewter. Grip :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lower bumper

I have a se leather pewter its the same color.weeks of checking found out that pewter duzznt get the dark silver lower paint.the window stinker says it duz but it dont.should be a discount for the pewter owners.

Loggerdude
SE AWD Pewter all the same color

1 - 15 of 15 Posts