Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks just got the above GPS of course they are offering a 100 dollar rebate so the enticement of that plus the reviews was why I got it.

However, once received, I have a 2005 Murano and it will not mount to the dash so the question (s)

1. Has anyone used the weighted style mount from Ram Mounts and does that seem to work

2. Another poster here in the forum, stated they went to home depot and found a material that would prevent the unit from sliding, I went to HD and could not find the material that they mentioned, anyone have any thoughts on this.

3. THere is a wire to hard wire the unit as it plays back mp3's, into the radio, does anyone know how this is accomplished

Any help in resolving these :) minor issues would be appreciated

Semper Fi

Pete

·
Registered
747 Posts
Lowrance iWay 500C

Pete - I was fortunate enough to get my iWay just before they stopped including the dash mount. After I bought mine they were only including the windshield mount. I used the RAM weighted style dash mount with no real issues. You have to allow the iWay to rest on the dash because it is obviously top heavy (and the manufacturer recommends it). I believe you need the PAC adapter to hardwire the unit into the car stereo as there is no input on the factory radio/CD player. Make sure you update the iWay with the latest software release (1.4 I think) from the www.lowrance.com website, this is only of course if it has not been done from the factory. I believe it comes with the 1.0 release. The new 1.4 SW version is much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Lowrance iWay 500C

Thanks for the prompt response I have ordered one of the weighted mounts so we will see how it goes,

THanks again

Pete :2:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pete - I have alos purchased the IWay 500c, but it was after they stopped supplying both mounts. The mount I received is a suction cup on the window. It works pretty well, but I do have most of the weight of the GPS sitting on the dashboard. The mount just keeps it from sliding around.

How much did you pay for the weighted mount? Did you purchase it directly from Lowrance?

I just bought something at Brookstone called the original stick pad. I also found a link for it SpaceSavers.com

I have not tried it yet, but will let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts