Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what size thread the lug nuts are? They appear to be about a 12mm thread (I think), but was wondering if anyone can confirm. I'm getting some wheel locks and found an aftermarket set for $11. The look like the fit the Murano, but I need to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Registered
420 Posts
The wheel locks that the dealer sells are made by McGard. On the McGard website they state the following : "When installing wheel lock nuts/lug nuts, verify that it is the correct style as recommended by the wheel manufacturer (flat seat, cone seat, radius seat, shank style, cone-shank style, etc.). Minimum thread engagement must be equal to the thread diameter of the wheel stud".

That being said, they list the following for the Murano:

Thread Size - M12 x 1.25
OEM Hex Size - 21mm

Seems to me it would just be better to buy the locks from Nissan that were made to fit the Murano. It's only about $19.00 more.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Copperkat. The aftermarket ones I saw were from McGard, but at significantly cheaper than the Nissan ones. Interesting that McGard makes Nissan's, but at significantly less.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
A high percentage of the imports use a 12x1.5 thread. Make sure you get the 12x1.25.

·
4,601 Posts
Every Nissan dealer I've been in, has the McGuard ones and they never seemed to be grossly overpriced...

At least they should fit!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out you guys were right. I went back to the auto parts store and the lug nuts were 12 x 1.5. There was a set of 12 x 1.25's but they were awfully long. Wasn't sure if they would fit under the SE's wheel covers. I ended up going back to the dealer to get some. Turns out I got a great discount since I bought my car there. So the wheel locks cost me about $29 - cheaper than the list price of $45 and only a $17 more than the aftermarket. Thanks for the help!!

Jim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Locking lug nuts not auto installed

I was surprised they didn't automatically come installed. It slipped right by me. Carpeted floor mats, cargo protector, blah blah blah all installed but one of the most important things - locking lugs - not there. Anybody who pays what we did for all those other accessories would certainly spring for the lugs just to save the hassle. Now I have to do it myself and throw my disc out even further or let the dealership or some tire place scratch up my nice SE wheels. :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just in case you guys missed this thread, I'm bringing it back for you five and a half years later...

I just purchased a new set of locks for my wheels cause the OEM ones were starting to rust & chip a little bit. I purchased these:
in size 12mm x 1.50 as this thread suggested, but they do not fit. I'm thinking I might need 14mm because I can only turn the 12mm one rotation before it stops. Are the lug nut sizes different for the 2007's? I checked the owners manual but they don't list the size (if I was looking in the correct places)

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts