Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long behold i let someone work on my murano and they ended uo stripping both my tires when they went to put the tires back on. Now one of my tires are flat and i cant even take it off. All mechanic shops are far away. Someone said my spud aren't spinning either. Any idea on how i can get this fixed or what im supposed to do to get my car back on the road. P.s. im a 29 yr old single mom of two...pls help

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Call a tow company and have them send a flatbed, if your Murano is AWD. It can’t be towed back, it must be off the ground when moved. This is a job for a shop, and it requires replacing the lug studs which are stripped or cross-threaded. This may take some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call a tow company and have them send a flatbed, if your Murano is AWD. It can’t be towed back, it must be off the ground when moved. This is a job for a shop, and it requires replacing the lug studs which are stripped or cross-threaded. This may take some time.

Is this a job for a tire shop or a mechanic shop? How much do u guess it might cost

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
A tire shop can do the work. Depending on how much labor is involved to replace the lug studs, I can easily see $300-$400. But you’ll be in over $100 for the flatbed (probably twice that) so let’s say closer to $600. I hope I’m overestimating, but it depends on how many of the lugs are damaged.

I hope I’m wrong. It depends on a number of things, including how many lugs are bad.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So long behold i let someone work on my murano and they ended uo stripping both my tires when they went to put the tires back on. Now one of my tires are flat and i cant even take it off. All mechanic shops are far away. Someone said my spud aren't spinning either. Any idea on how i can get this fixed or what im supposed to do to get my car back on the road. P.s. im a 29 yr old single mom of two...pls help
A tire shop can do the work. Depending on how much labor is involved to replace the lug studs, I can easily see $300-$400. But you’ll be in over $100 for the flatbed (probably twice that) so let’s say closer to $600. I hope I’m overestimating, but it depends on how many of the lugs are damaged.

IU hope I’m wrong. I t depends on
I agree, if the leak you have on the tire is a slow leak I would recommend getting a cheap portable air compressor you can plug in the cigarette lighter, pump up the tire and see how far you can get before giving it more air to get you to any tire/mechanic shop. Those lug nuts stripped on me as well and had a fun time getting them off. Once I did, I trashed them and just bought a couple of standard nuts to replace them. People have to be pretty desperate to Jack up and steal a pair of Nissan Murano rims, so I will take the risk :).
Good luck

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yeah, after I saw a demo of this tool I consider my locking lug nuts to be an ineffective theft deterrent. I'll probably replace them with a standard lug nut next tire rotation.

It's more likely the locking lug nuts will become an issue for me if I can't find my lug nut key when I'm stranded on the side of the road...

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
I like the idea of using the 12 volt compressor to air the tire up. You can do that more than once to get it to a shop if you need to.

The stripped lugs got you this far, so you can drive them farther. Use the compressor to get it to a shop and save a lot of $$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts