Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things:
1. I just saw on the Edmunds site that 05 Muranos will be made in the US. Any truth to that? That concerns me as I am planning to buy one. The concern is not just because it is made here as Toyota and Honda are successful, but because there will be a new production line startup and I would not want one of the first.

2. Has nobody noticed that the 05 information display is described as LCD and appears to be multicolor per the brochure. The current
display is LED

·
Registered
35 Posts
Murano

Hey VFR
If you go to the nissan-usa web site and look up 2005 murano and chech a dealers inventory you will find the vin # starts with a Jxxxx
This means there made in Japan.
Hope this helps

Loggerdude

04 Se AWD Pewter 15500 miles

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Who cares?
Do you think the US guys would forget to tighten the steering rack or something?

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Homer,

somehow I knew you would say it...........it is not a matter "who the guys are".............it is a matter of QC. And historically speaking, in recent years Japs proved to be better in it.

And they were trained by dr. Deming!

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Homer,

As I said, made in US is not a problem. Starting a manufacturing line with thousands of interacting components is and the first assemblies generally result in tweaking and fine tuning of a process.

It seems that the 05s are late coming to market and that places pressure on management to move the product

I am being cautious as I am a manufacturing engineer, and yes, I have made mistakes that reached the customer during startup.

VFR

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Despite the Murano's quality problems, I would still have much more confidence in a Japanese built Murano. If one looks at the quality of Toyotas as they have increasingly become US built, you will find a corresponding increase in QC issues as well. I know quite a few Toyota loyalists who all agree they are not made like they used to be (comparing the new US built models vs the 1990's Japanese built models).

Whenever QC issues come up, or we hear a story about a new American factory opening up to build Japanese cars, the story usually involves the Japanese method of manufacturing and employee relations being adopted to the US plant. Its never the other way around.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Adding to Eric L ...

A few months ago, I recall reading that nissan send a team of engineers to Nissan Canton, Missisipi plan to troubleshoot some QC problem in Nissan Titan line...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Adding to Eric L ...

SugarRushMurano said:
A few months ago, I recall reading that nissan send a team of engineers to Nissan Canton, Missisipi plan to troubleshoot some QC problem in Nissan Titan line...
Indeed, engineers from Japan!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Eric L. said:
I know quite a few Toyota loyalists who all agree they are not made like they used to be (comparing the new US built models vs the 1990's Japanese built models).
Amen!

While I am far from a Toyota loyalist, my 1984 Toyota Camry DLX (base model with five speed and 4 cylinders and hand crank windows) was still going strong when I donated it to charity in 1995 (with 265,xxx miles on it).

If you changed the oil and remembered to do the timing belts every 60k, they ran almost forever.

·
4,601 Posts
vfr said:
2. Has nobody noticed that the 05 information display is described as LCD and appears to be multicolor per the brochure. The current
display is LED [/B]
It's never had an LED display. Both the monochrome and the colour displays are LCD. The monochrome is purpose specific, while the colour is graphic.

It would be possible to change the backlight colour and put colour filters on the display to make it look multicolour.

Oh, sorry guys, color...;)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts