Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Magellan... anyone (3putt maybe) know how to search an address that isn't a street name. For example I want to find:

2515 Rt. 516
Old Bridge, NJ 08857

I can't figure out how to find it since I can't put the street name in first. I think it is CR-516.. but I can't type in the rest. Weird.

I'm finding it difficult to locate places on highways... like 244 route 9. Or 67 Highway 34.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
TheGymKid said:
On the Magellan... anyone (3putt maybe) know how to search an address that isn't a street name. For example I want to find:

2515 Rt. 516
Old Bridge, NJ 08857

I can't figure out how to find it since I can't put the street name in first. I think it is CR-516.. but I can't type in the rest. Weird.

I'm finding it difficult to locate places on highways... like 244 route 9. Or 67 Highway 34.

Thanks
Under the street selction, search Route as RT.

Highways are found numerically. To get to highway 34, under street selection search 34.

Next time your on an unfamiliar or seemingly unnamed roadway. (Example, State route 24 through Mayberry may be locally known as Barney Lane) Hit your "locate" burron. It will give you the name of the road that is in the database.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Magellan use...

Mr3Putt said:

Under the street selction, search Route as RT.

Highways are found numerically. To get to highway 34, under street selection search 34.

Next time your on an unfamiliar or seemingly unnamed roadway. (Example, State route 24 through Mayberry may be locally known as Barney Lane) Hit your "locate" burron. It will give you the name of the road that is in the database.
okay, this is confusing...

I did it everyway you guys pointed out and it doesn't work.

Trying to find: 2515 Rt. 516
Old Bridge, NJ

I typed in CR-516
(i assume that means cross road) and it found that, but i can't type the address # 2515 anywhere. it just wants to take me directly to CR-516. Urgh

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Magellan use...

TheGymKid said:

Trying to find: 2515 Rt. 516
Old Bridge, NJ

I typed in CR-516
(i assume that means cross road) and it found that, but i can't type the address # 2515 anywhere. it just wants to take me directly to CR-516. Urgh
Gymkid,

Is this a more rural area?

Some of these routes, although they are in there, are not "addressable".

Is 2515 Route 516 right next door to 2513 Route 516, or is it the only building for miles?

Most NAV systems concentrate on the urban areas. If you notice when driving through little towns via State routes, not many side streets show up on your display. However, when traveling in/around a more major city, all of the streets are visible.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Magellan use...

Mr3Putt said:

Gymkid,

Is this a more rural area?

Some of these routes, although they are in there, are not "addressable".

Is 2515 Route 516 right next door to 2513 Route 516, or is it the only building for miles?

Most NAV systems concentrate on the urban areas. If you notice when driving through little towns via State routes, not many side streets show up on your display. However, when traveling in/around a more major city, all of the streets are visible.
Nope it's a populated road. that address is actually my dentist which is in a building. Other things on this road, pizza places, my new york sports club gym, dunkin donuts, gas stations and plenty of other stores. it goes through the middle of town. I can not understand why it wont let me type a # in there. i'm sure it has to be done a certain way i just haven't figured out yet. Maybe I'll call up the customer service line if i can't figure it out.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Magellan use...

TheGymKid said:

Nope it's a populated road. that address is actually my dentist which is in a building. Other things on this road, pizza places, my new york sports club gym, dunkin donuts, gas stations and plenty of other stores. it goes through the middle of town. I can not understand why it wont let me type a # in there. i'm sure it has to be done a certain way i just haven't figured out yet. Maybe I'll call up the customer service line if i can't figure it out.
Next time you're on or near that part of town, do a search for the "nearest gas station".

Find a POI on that road and see how (if?) that address is listed.

When you're on the phone with customer service, tell them your software version. If you don't have the latest and greatest, I'll bet they upgrade ya for free since you just bought the thing.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
BTW, CR means County Road. So , if you see a SR, it means.......right, State Road.

And FM is used in Texas (And maybe other places?) and means Farm to Market. It is sometimes in one county and is maintained by the county.
Other times it crosses more than one county and they each maintain their part.

Homer

·
Registered
151 Posts
Try Co Hwy 516

Gymkid,

trid the address on my Tom Tom GPS and the road comes up as Co Hwy 516.

Good luck.

njmo

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses... mighty appreciated. I like 3putts idea of the next time I there to grab the POI. I didn't get a chance to call up customer service, maybe tomorrow.

Nis... were you able to type in the # in front of the highway on the tom tom to get the exact address ?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I would post pictures of where I keep my Magellan on the dash... it fits perfect there.

Nice and low on the dashboard. I barely have to take my eyes off the road, it's just a little look down. I know some keep it in the middle of the dashboard... I found myself having to move my head and take my eyes off the road to look at it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts