Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I took some time and installed white Magnetbra on my White Perl Mo. Installation is very easy; it just takes a time to align the bra properly. Setting up the molding is caused me two huge blisters on both my thumb fingers. :( But it is look great on Mo. One thing I am not happy about. On the Magnetbra.com it says “The magnetic bra's patented design makes it theft-proof and secure at any speed. Well it is secure, but not theft-proof. If I want I can take is off in 20 seconds, without damaging the hood or bra itself and I will not trigger the alarm. This thing makes me worry a little. Anyway, here are the pictures if somebody wants to see how it looks.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
holy swirl marks batman. you gotta get that beautiful glacier pearl power polished man. lookin good though

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nissanlove said:
holy swirl marks batman. you gotta get that beautiful glacier pearl power polished man. lookin good though
What marks? I guess I am missing something here...:(

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have not installed my magnetbar because it seems to be too big and I will have to trim it, or bend the corners under the hood. Did you have to bend, or trim it?

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bend it.

According to the instruction you have to bend both corners under the hood. That’s what I did.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
in your first picture, notice how there are lines around the reflection of the sun on your paint. those are swirl marks. no more washing with brushes or automated car washed for you. haha

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Swirl marks.

That’s weird because I never use brushed car washes. I do use automated brushless. So, you are saying I have to polish it and than use the hand wash only? Is it really bad to have those marks?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Bend it.

Murano_driver said:
According to the instruction you have to bend both corners under the hood. That’s what I did.
Thanks. That is what SugarRush said too. I guess I should have read the instructions a bit more carefully! As a rule, the first thing I do when I open the box to a product is to toss the instructions. I guess that will not be happening again....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well power polishing(professionally done) will eliminate most if not all of those swirl marks. it's not bad to have them but don't you want your paint looking like new?? the swirl marks are also called spider webs because they look like spider webs in the sun. your is an '03 so this is natural and there's an easy fix for it.revive that beautiful glacier pearl paint of yours!!

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nissanlove,

Thank you for info. I am not sure if I want to have my car looks new (of course in my heart I do). I am parking on the street overnight very often. Somebody keyed my Mo once already. I do not want to get more attention than she already has. :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh keyed that hurts. i feel your pain. our old gold MO got broken into once for no apperant reason. i guess they just wanted some money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts