Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommended service/maintanence?

Hi,
I am in the market for a Murano and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to required/recommended services required? Does the Murano have a sealed engine (100K tuneup, no fluid - except oil change) etc?

Thanks in advance,
Rich Z

·
Registered
487 Posts
Someone should do a post of all the MO maintenance intervals and sticky it. That would be good info to have.

3750 was the first one.

7500 was the next.

11250 would be the next one, right? And keep adding 3750 after that...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
just push and hold the maintenance button.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
haha well better late than never haha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does holding the maintenace button restart the mileage deal for the oil changes and tire rotation? I'm wondering if I change my oil early and possibly not at the dealer, can the oil reminder be reset to the new mileage?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Frumunda-that's all you have to do, just push-hold-RESET

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Frumunda Cheese-

You need to select the "Reset" icon on the display using the joystick, then push the "Enter" button.

Check your Owner's Manual. Pages 4-4 and 4-5 explain the simple procedure for managing the maintenance display.

You can also change the maintenance interval if you so choose.

-njjoe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have a link to a Service and maintenance guide for 2004 Murano? I just bought one and I have the normal factory manual but nothing that tells when maintenance needs done. All it says is to see the Service and maintenance guide. I tried the link in the a previous post and it just takes me to Nissan's main page. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Anyone have a link to a Service and maintenance guide for 2004 Murano? I just bought one and I have the normal factory manual but nothing that tells when maintenance needs done.
Section MA (in Vol. 4) of the 04 FSM is the maintenance section, and has all the info you are looking for. What `factory manual' are you looking in?

And, is there a maintenance item you are interested in in particular? If you want to know everything that needs to be serviced, you need the FSM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the answers guys. I assume FSM is Factory Service Manual? If so no I don't have that. I was looking more for zebelkhan posted. I actually seen the 06 one but wasn't sure if it was the same for the 04.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What kind of oil do you guys use for the Mo and how much is needed? What about the oil filter? And one last thing, how do you turn off the Service due sign?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
What kind of oil do you guys use for the Mo and how much is needed? What about the oil filter? And one last thing, how do you turn off the Service due sign?
If you're referring to the maintenance reminder, on the first gens you just scroll, using the maintenance button, to either the oil change or tire rotation screen, and hold the same (maintenance) button down for a couple seconds to reset the mileages to 0. Use the joystick to change the mileage reminder distances. 2nd gens and 1st gens with Nav might use a slightly different procedure.

As for oil, I recommend using only full synthetic, and Nissan or another good (ie brand name) filter. I use Mobil oil and M1 filters exclusively, mainly out of habit. Oh yeah, there is also the small fact that with Mobil products my Maxima is still running stronger than ever with well over 200K miles on the original engine.

Many years ago when lots of us started using synthetic oil (way back even before my Nissan service advisor warned me NOT to use synthetic oil), Mobil was about the only readily available synthetic product. Now I find it funny that the same Nissan dealer uses a blend (though I'm curious exactly how much synthetic is actually in that blend) for their own, dealer oil changes. And I know damn well that if synthetic was the same price as Dino oil - which is currently impossible - Dino oil would soon become as extinct as the animals it's named after. Technically, I guess that a mixture of 2% synthetic and 98% cheap oil would still classify as a `blend.' Who knows what dealers use.

If you shop carefully, you can find M1 filters for around $10 and 5 quarts (our Mos take about 4 1/2 quarts) of synthetic oil for a little over $20. So for about $30 and a little over 1/2 hour of your time (if you do it yourself, of course) your Mo can be humming along with new synthetic oil and a good filter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts