Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I raised a question about who runs this site. It seems that it is run and maintained by a single person - admin. Maintaining such sites is costly affair. We should all pitch in towards that as form of small donation.

Obviously the person who is running this site cannot ask for such a donation, however if we all contribute towards site maintanence on our own , he might be able to migrate the site to new dedicated server that he wants do that ?

Admin can you setup a paypal account where we can send donations if we want to ? Hope you all guys agree to this.

Regards,

pkhona

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
well, i will contribute for the maintenence..

but, maybe if there's a gift (as if the valuable stuff learned here isnt enuf!!) for the donation... such as a decal... then it'll be easier to convince those newbies (and the like) that it's money well spent..

im not a fan of bumper stickers, or such, but a thin and stretched out text might go well on the corenr of my rear glass, or , at the top center of the windshield

food for thought

burp!

sms

·
Registered
47 Posts
Will contribute. No strings attached.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm in. Keep us posted. This site is really priceless. You guys do a great job.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm in for a modest donation.

Have you approached Tirerack and/or some of the nissan aftermarket places for sponsorship? S2ki.com is supported by sponsors. They also only let you put a photo in your av or sig if you've kicked down the small reg fee (I think it's currenly $10) as another incentive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
esemes said:
well, i will contribute for the maintenence..

but, maybe if there's a gift (as if the valuable stuff learned here isnt enuf!!) for the donation... such as a decal... then it'll be easier to convince those newbies (and the like) that it's money well spent..

im not a fan of bumper stickers, or such, but a thin and stretched out text might go well on the corenr of my rear glass, or , at the top center of the windshield

food for thought

burp!

sms
I couldn't agree more about helping to support the site. As for sms's point on the bumper sticker (along with those discussed on another thread somewhere), I also agree. Like sms, I'm not much into bumper stickers but I could get into one of those static cling window/glass "bumper stickers." Not sure what the increased cost would be, but let's face it -- it'd be cheap for what we all get out of this site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm a Murano owner and I've inquired about advertising our service on "the network" of admin's sites. Hopefully I will hear back soon. As an operator of a similar enthusiast site (w/50k members) I think I might understand admin's perspective on accepting donations, so I'd prefer to advertise...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am still very interested in advertising on the three sites as a show of support but never got a response from two inquiries sent via the "contact us" link at the top.

We've just begun our first mini online ad campaign and would really to find out what it would cost to be included here. If someone has an "in" with the admin and can get him to respond (even with a no), please have him contact me. Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Count me in for support.

Great site! I visit even during work hours! :p

Bob K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Site Maintenance

:4: Hi all !!! When i got my MO, i went ahead and search for a MO club and found the site. I love the site, been a long time guest but just recently joined up and asked myself what took me so long but i guess it was my big procrastination again.

I'm all for the donation and i wouldn't mind also to put a sticker on the back shield to promote the site.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree with these posts, this is a valuable site and I wouldn't mind giving back one bit. I would also display a tasteful window sticker proudly on my MO as well. I am promoting the site by word of mouth to anyone I meet with an interest in the MO, and as you all surely know, quite a few people are intrigued by them.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
With the recent outage experienced here, perhaps admin would be open to assistance of the technical type as well as financial. Are there any tasks that could be "outsourced" to the geekier of us in the community? I'm not a web designer but can support Windows and Linux servers. Particularly security positioning and related tasks. Let me know if you want some help in this area, i.e. another set of hands keeping the patches up to date, or another set of eyes on the logs -- human or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I am reviving this thread because I cannot find any information on how to do my part in paying back a bit of what I am taking.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts