Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manual has two schedules. Schedule 1 has twice the frequency as schedule 2. I would imagine the driving conditions for most people fit neither of the schedules. So if I derive a schedule with a frequency between the two, say, 5k miles between oil changes, would I have any warranty issues in case something goes wrong? Technically, I don't believe there is anything magic about 3750 miles or 7000 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
gang said:
The service manual has two schedules. Schedule 1 has twice the frequency as schedule 2. I would imagine the driving conditions for most people fit neither of the schedules. So if I derive a schedule with a frequency between the two, say, 5k miles between oil changes, would I have any warranty issues in case something goes wrong? Technically, I don't believe there is anything magic about 3750 miles or 7000 miles.
5k mile oil changes is a good idea. In fact, its what Cartalk's Tom and Ray recommend. If you use synthetic, you can probably take it further. Always use a good filter (the Nissan OEM is an example of a good one, any Fram is an example of a bad one).

You won't have any warranty issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts