Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your 7500 service they refer to grease the propeller shaft,Is it the water pump shaft , Can you explain what it is and where it is located! Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The propellor shaft is the same as the driveshaft that directs power to the rear wheels. I do not believe this is a major service item on the Murano, and for sure it does not have to regreased after only 7500 miles! If you paid for it at the 7500 service, the dealer charged you unnecessarily.

·
5,268 Posts
this service is for AWD MO.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
and is this ''lubing the propeler shaft" necessary..

for 7,500 mile service..

Nissan service manual say so though....
How much is the charge ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have AWD and had my 7500 mile service and it cost me nothing. When I bought my MO I got free oil changes for life. The odd-interval chekups are a standard $75. But I'm sure it varies from dealer to dealer.

Can't wait for my 30,000 mile checkup. I called for my 1999 Quest because I've never had it in there (bought it used at 54,000 miles). I found out the charge for the 60,000 check was $650! I was shocked so I told them the 67,000 service for $75 would be fine.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I just checked my shop manual, and I can't find anything on lubeing the propellor shaft. I don't think it has fittings. Does anyone know something I can't find?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ekaxel said:
I just checked my shop manual, and I can't find anything on lubeing the propellor shaft. I don't think it has fittings. Does anyone know something I can't find?
I do not believe the Murano's service schedule involves lubing the prop shaft. The service schedule in the owners manual (and Nissan website) is a general service manual for all Nissan vehicles, so sometimes it includes doing something to an item your car doesn't even have (like the transfer case).

The Murano does not have any service items that a normal Nissan Altima does not have. Except for the CVT fluid requirement, everything else is straightforward and standard.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just looked at my Service and Maintenance Guide and for the 7,500 mile service it lists:

Lubricate propeller shaft ^1

The superscripted 1 tells me that this is for the Frontier, Pathfinder and Xterra only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts