Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK looking at Nissan's site I've made a table that covers their recemmended maintenance. Interesting. Tell me what you think. I think something is missing.

For items without milleage does this mean you never have to perform that task or do you just go by the value for an existing item?

No fuel filter? No PCV Valve?

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
How in the hell are you supposed to lubricate the prop shaft when you're swimming?

:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is no fuel filter and the PCV is a check only. They are teflon lined now and rarely cause a problem.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yep those items are only "replace as necessary." Usually only when a symptom comes up where that part is the culprit, then it needs to be replaced. Most other required maintenance parts are replaced well before they break down.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
What about the rear slip diff... I guess every 30K?
I think Nissan recommends differential and transfer case oil every 30K under severe conditions. Not sure if there is any set interval under "normal" conditions, although 30K sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Otherwise I guess they don't recommend replacing the CVT fluid either under S1 or S2?????

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
Any know where the PCV valve is located in the MO?
The rear valve cover.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
Is it easilly accessible? I didn't see it.
G-

I just took a look with a flashlight and was unable to see it. I believe it may be hidden under the intake plenum. I'll take another look in the daylight.

I wouldn't worry much about it. On modern day cars it should last for at least 100K miles.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
G-

I just took a look at your maintenance schedule. You may want to amend (delete) two lines.

1) The drive (propeller) shaft can not be lubricated because it has no fittings. It is basically maintenance-free.

2) The MO does not have a limited slip differential. It is an "open" differential.

The fuel filter is integral to the fuel pump assembly. You can't change one without changing the other.

The PCV valve should last the life of the vehicle. No replacement nor maintenance is necessary.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks... what fluid is in the AWD system? I thought Dif and Transfer????

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
Thanks... what fluid is in the AWD system? I thought Dif and Transfer????
G-

The rear differential and transfer case both use the same oil - SAE 80W-90 gear lube.

-njjoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts