Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
The !"/$%? light is back on again.... I can't believe it! Dealer will retrieve fault code tomorrow morning. I suspect O2 sensor as they replaced 3 already in one year. They told me again to run on premium gas as I do mostly short trips but I'm not sure this would help.
Just a wild guess... You mention you do mostly short trips, I wonder if your battery has enough time to charge fully... Have you checked the voltage with a multimeter?

Have you tried putting your car on a float charger to keep your battery fully charged?

Also check your battery terminals for corrosion.

Strange things happen when the battery voltage is marginal...

·
Registered
728 Posts
I did not check battery voltage but the dealer tested it 2 months ago and it was fine. No corrosion on battery terminals (I check regularly due to others having this problem). I don't have a charger but it's a good idea! Still on warranty.

·
Registered
728 Posts
As I suspected, one of the O2 sensors is acting up again. Tech cleared the code only to see the MIL coming on again when I drove off the lot. He is scratching his head and he will talk to Nissan as to why this is happening all the time with very little mileage. Switch to winter gas causing this?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The !"/$%? light is back on again.... I can't believe it! Dealer will retrieve fault code tomorrow morning. I suspect O2 sensor as they replaced 3 already in one year. They told me again to run on premium gas as I do mostly short trips but I'm not sure this would help.
Sorry for your inconveniences. Since the third generation was reconfigured to run on regular fuel, I find it interesting that they are recommending premium as a remedy. Not sure I buy that response. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The light went off on its own then on again and off again this morning...Dealer will get back to me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
As I suspected, one of the O2 sensors is acting up again. Tech cleared the code only to see the MIL coming on again when I drove off the lot. He is scratching his head and he will talk to Nissan as to why this is happening all the time with very little mileage. Switch to winter gas causing this?
Winer fuel should not be causing the problem. Hopefully leaving it with the dealer will yield some results.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have heard reports that too much ethanol in the gas of a non flex fuel vehicle like our Murano may cause the O2 sensor to trigger.

Amazon has ethanol test kits to test if too much ethanol somehow made its way into your gas tank.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I always fill up at regular gas stations like Mobil, never at discount or independent gas stations. I never put E85 either.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts