Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's some YouTube videos on how to clean O2 sensors instead of replacing them. Seems kind of interesting

·
Registered
811 Posts
The !"/$%? light is back on again.... I can't believe it! Dealer will retrieve fault code tomorrow morning. I suspect O2 sensor as they replaced 3 already in one year. They told me again to run on premium gas as I do mostly short trips but I'm not sure this would help.
Just a wild guess... You mention you do mostly short trips, I wonder if your battery has enough time to charge fully... Have you checked the voltage with a multimeter?

Have you tried putting your car on a float charger to keep your battery fully charged?

Also check your battery terminals for corrosion.

Strange things happen when the battery voltage is marginal...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I did not check battery voltage but the dealer tested it 2 months ago and it was fine. No corrosion on battery terminals (I check regularly due to others having this problem). I don't have a charger but it's a good idea! Still on warranty.

·
Registered
765 Posts
As I suspected, one of the O2 sensors is acting up again. Tech cleared the code only to see the MIL coming on again when I drove off the lot. He is scratching his head and he will talk to Nissan as to why this is happening all the time with very little mileage. Switch to winter gas causing this?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The !"/$%? light is back on again.... I can't believe it! Dealer will retrieve fault code tomorrow morning. I suspect O2 sensor as they replaced 3 already in one year. They told me again to run on premium gas as I do mostly short trips but I'm not sure this would help.
Sorry for your inconveniences. Since the third generation was reconfigured to run on regular fuel, I find it interesting that they are recommending premium as a remedy. Not sure I buy that response. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The light went off on its own then on again and off again this morning...Dealer will get back to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As I suspected, one of the O2 sensors is acting up again. Tech cleared the code only to see the MIL coming on again when I drove off the lot. He is scratching his head and he will talk to Nissan as to why this is happening all the time with very little mileage. Switch to winter gas causing this?
Winer fuel should not be causing the problem. Hopefully leaving it with the dealer will yield some results.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Reactions: Freedom55

·
Registered
765 Posts
I always fill up at regular gas stations like Mobil, never at discount or independent gas stations. I never put E85 either.

Reactions: Michael Martin

·
Registered
765 Posts
The light was off for about a month but came back a couple of days ago...and I'm using premium fuel. Dealer said this is caused by short trips and 3rd gen are more sensitive; he could be right as this never happened on my 2014 despite short trips. I'm so fed up with this! I think I'll wait and see if the light goes off by itself. The vehicle runs fine otherwise.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The light went off today...but I'm sure it will come on again if history repeats itself:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad the light went off however with your problem back and forth and wasting your time the problem should be fixed. You should go to another dealer as that code is stored in the system. Regular vs Premium gas is just a waste of your money. Doesn’t change amount of ethanol.
Have you tried looking into the lemon law? Based on what your telling us you qualify for the lemon law. I hate seeing stuff like this happen to people and dealers not able to find a permanent fix.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks for your concern. Alas, we don't have a lemon law in Canada. If I get rid of the vehicle, I would take a loss despite the very low mileage. I'll see if the light comes back and if it stays on for a while, I'll go to the dealer. It seems one of the O2 sensor is borderline.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I casually won a CA Lemon-Law case with my new 1996 Mitsubishi Montero Sport (brand-new introduction .. what could go wrong ?).
With just about 100miles, the CEL went on randomly (It could be fine for a few months in between). The code indicated a low gas-tank pressure (possible leak). First repair attempt, they tightened the gas cap. Second attempt, they replaced the gas cap. Third attempt, they replace the filler-tube. The Law stated a 3-attempt threshold (of the same problem) to start the process for a final attempt. (I liked the car so much) I gave them 7 chances.
Going in for the 7th attempt, I told the dealer it would be the last chance to fix the problem. I also mailed a certified letter to Mitsubishi to start the Lemon case. Final verdict: Mitsu Rep handed me a refund-check (total out-the-door amount paid minus $2xx for the usage based on the mileage between delivery & 1st-occurrence @100mile). I got about 9 months of usage with about 11K miles.
  • I wanted a replacement but they didn't have any compatibles on-hand (probably due to such a great deal I got originally).
  • There were a couple of repairs the dealer didn't record into records (but I had the @receiving estimates).
  • There was no lawyer involved.
  • I "walked" out of the dealer with the check & needing a new car badly. In 1997, Nissan was on the brink of bankruptcy & were "giving away" their cars. I bought my 1st Nissan (the 97MaximaGLE). The deals were so great, we (+friend&relatives) bought four 1997 Maximas. Then in 1999 (before the Renault takeover), we (+ friends) stole/bought four new Pathfinders. Personally I'm currently on Nissan#5 (2017.5 Murano). The main attraction has been the great (20+%) discounts.
  • Those 97s & 99s Nissans were so reliable, I had no problem handing them down to the kids. With the later Nissans, I don't intend to keep beyond 10yr/150Kmile. I could keep them longer but am too old to deal with random troubles.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts