Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanx to Whaleblue22....

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks awesome, much better than Nerfs IMHO. So give me the 411!

Where did you order them?
Cost?
How easy/difficult to install?
Quality?

Looking to do similiar on the wife's MO!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them from one of our forum members, whaleblue22.
They are at 4x4parts.com though.
Yesterday I was going to take pics in the sun, but honestly, they were blinding. I had waxed them right after I put them on.
They were so easy to install, I didn't need instructions. Just laid there for a bit (the instruction/pics whaleblue sent had fallen out of the box during shipping) and looked up. The hangers are very unique. They look sorta like ell's with the short part of the ell being the bolt. You push them up into holes in the frame and the bolt end drops down through an adjacent hole. Pretty slick. You can't go wrong as the front hangers are skinny and the rears are wider and won't go through the front holes and don't match the adjacent hole distance. If you lay down there and hold them up to the holes, it is very apparent how they go on.

Cost? about 300 shipped.
Quality? Polished 2" stainless tube welded to 1/4" stainless plate for the brackets. Perfectly welded. Perfect fit. Great care was taken to weld these things precisely to the correct dimensions in all spatial angles.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry paint drawing of hanger

here's a quick bad drawing of the hangers/frame holes. They come with nylon insert anti shake nuts for the bolts. 4 bolts, 4 nuts, that's it!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alright I have to wait for Retirement check then here we go again. Lets see cut back on food, milk, and of course toilet paper.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good, but I'm biased since I decided to put these on my Murano a while back as well...

Now you just need to up-size your rims a bit... :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehehehehee looooking gooood. :)
Da boss would surely clean my clock for that upgrade....and, it's a lease.

·
Registered
777 Posts
haddock - your wheel & rocker combo look great on the black MO! :cool:
They really make her look Sharp.

·
Registered
472 Posts
mgthe3 said:
side clearance...uh what clearance?
:)
Are these bars only for show or can you step on them? I can't tell from the pictures if there is any clearance at all or if there are foot pads. I do like the look better than the nerf bars. The Japanese site showed some optional rocker trim that might be similar to these and they had some kind of lighting under them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I thought they were all show, but good lookin' :cool:
Don't they just cover the black plastic rocker.

Give us a confirmation mgthe3 or haddock? :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
right... these are just for show... and theoretically protection... you ding the bar instead of the rocker...

there is no clearance to speak of (couple of millimeters with pads) between the body and these bars... so no way to step on them... if you want steps, you need nerf bars, and of course that's a whole different look...

you could probably mount lights to the inner edges of these bars if you were so inclined... but that would be a custom job and need drilling and such...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rockers look really nice. I have a black MO ,03 and am planning on putting rockers on it in the near future..after the wheel upgrade....is it possible to put 22" wheels on a MO !!! ????

·
Registered
32 Posts
macolmb... the wheels on my Murano in the photo above are 22's... many others have installed them as well... so yes they fit.

might be worth a search or two over in the tires and wheels forum and you can see some pics from others...

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought they were.
:)

Yes, the rocker bars are all show, I doubt Mo would see a rock tall enough to injure her rocker panel....although in my Stone Mountain post, if I had done a back turn to the right from my photo, it would have kept the rock from doing just that, but so would nerf bars if their mounts were substantial enough to take the weight of the Mo.

Nerfs are designed for saving your doors while crabbing against trees/rocks in mud (side impact), been there, done that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haddock, I gotta get those rocker tubes for my Mo after seeing them on your ride. I was leaning towards getting the stainless rocker trim on Ebay, but the tubes look so much better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just ordered mine too, Hope they hide the mufflers a little.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts