Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
The transverse mounted VQ35 in the Murano and Altima has a completely different intake plenum than the longitudinally mounted VQ35s in the Z and G35 (which is what's being sold there).

The reason people make these things for the Z is that the engine bay is so short vertically that the plenum is very flat, making for poor airflow to the furthest two cylinders from the throttle body. On the Murano, there are no such issues, and the plenum design, IMHO, looks first rate without any real compromises that need addressing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm also curious if anyone has tried one of these. Seems like this would help get us some umpf at the wheels....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hilbe-

The spacer is a band-aid for a poor design on the Z. The MO is not affected by that problem, so there is no need for it. There would be no advantage to have it on your MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
268 Posts
The reason I'm curious, is there are some FX35 users putting them on as well...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I guess I'd like to see a comparison of the Murano Plenum vs the FX35 Plenum... I have been searching online and can't find anything.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
The FX is rear wheel drive, like the 350Z and the Maxima. Completely different manifold.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
The FX is rear wheel drive, like the 350Z and the Maxima. Completely different manifold.
The Maxima is FWD...I have one :)

I do see that the FX35 and 350Z are RWD though, where the Murano is FWD. I'd just be curious to how the two compare...and if anyone has installed it on the Murano of course :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts