Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a shiny new sunlit copper 2005 SE, but won't have it for at least another 3 weeks. My salesman gave me the Morano manual to take home and study. I don't think I've ever read a manual before. I hope the car isn't as complicated as the manual makes it sound! :confused

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't worry, it will be fine. Just use the manual as a reference if you have any questions. I wouldn't bother reading it from cover to cover...

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
dont worry about the manual.....

just go through this website reading through the subjects of posts (and reading them wouldnt hurt as well)... thats it, you have gone through the manual.... actually, we have more detailed info and hands-on experience of the murano than the manual will ever tell you.

·
Registered
842 Posts
ella138 said:
I just bought a shiny new sunlit copper 2005 SE, but won't have it for at least another 3 weeks. My salesman gave me the Morano manual to take home and study. I don't think I've ever read a manual before. I hope the car isn't as complicated as the manual makes it sound! :confused
Just go through the manual so that you are comfortable with it and pay close attention on how the AWD and ABS brakes work and then as always post your questions on this site for informative answer. Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ella, unfortunately, owner's manuals, which USED TO BE a good read about the features/capabilities of your vehicle, seem to have become the resting place of ALL legal content about the vehicle. Lawyers have killed the owner's manual, and now, it has warnings like: Warning - acceleration of your vehicle into solid mass objects, like buildings or bridge embutments, other vehicles, stores, large rocks, and or icebergs, can result in severe injury up to and including death.

Damn lawyers!

Regards,

Big

·
4,601 Posts
You've got time, it's good for your brain and you'll learn something useful. RTFM.

Especially if you're having trouble sleeping at night.

Guaranteed, those that have not read it, have missed something they'd like to know and those that haven't read it in a while have forgotten something they'd like to know.

After all, if you don't read it, at some point you'll discover something about the Murano, that was in the manual, and you'll think "Cool, wish I knew that before!"

It's like this forum.... Most of the questions have already been asked and answered, you just have to search for them!:4:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are right about the leagal stuff. The whole thing is warning after warning. I have learned a ton of stuff reading through everyone elses experiences. I guess what worried me is all the programing and features that came with the SE. I'll muttle through it.....but I wish I could start I'm soooooo excited I wish I had it already!!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lets keep it real here....

It is still just a car you know...Use remote/key to open the car, enter it in the key hole...Don't start yet! Put seatbelt on, adjust seat and mirrors...Start car, put it in drive and enjoy...

All cars work like that...So don't worry get confused and stay real...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Forget about the owner's manual.

But make sure you read the maintenace manual. That has Murano specific stuff you need to know.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Being the computer nerd that I am, I'm refusing to read the manual until I have everything figured out on my own. Then I'll go through the manual cover-to-cover just to make sure I didn't miss anything (and also keeping a mental score as to the percentage of things I figured out on my own, of course...) :cool: <- (nerd glasses, not cool sunglasses)

The one thing that I DID need the manual for when I rented a Murano a few months ago was how to open the fuel door. I looked like an idiot at the gas station, trying to find a release lever or button somewhere, opening up the rear hatch to see if it was there, looking up under the wheel well, trying to pry it open with the key (hey, it was a rental after all). Finally broke down and opened up the manual, then with a very red face went back and just pushed on the dumb thing... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a great story i probably would have done the same thing. My car now has a lever to release the gas door. I would have looked all over the place too:)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would actually advocate reading the manual fully. You will feel pretty good when you know EVERYTHING about the wonderful new car you just purchased!

If you feel really fanatical, you can buy the factory shop manual and read every page of it (all 1000+ pages). Not that I've done that.................more than a few times...:rolleyes: ;)

·
4,601 Posts
Corin said:
The one thing that I DID need the manual for when I rented a Murano a few months ago was how to open the fuel door. I looked like an idiot at the gas station, trying to find a release lever or button somewhere, opening up the rear hatch to see if it was there, looking up under the wheel well, trying to pry it open with the key (hey, it was a rental after all). Finally broke down and opened up the manual, then with a very red face went back and just pushed on the dumb thing... :rolleyes:
I agree, don't read the manual. It's more fun wishing you had, later...;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you feel really fanatical, you can buy the factory shop manual and read every page of it (all 1000+ pages)
Where can you get this manual?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
ella138 said:
If you feel really fanatical, you can buy the factory shop manual and read every page of it (all 1000+ pages)

Where can you get this manual?

You can pay for a one day subscription to this site and download the acrobat files for the technical manual.

Nissan Tech Info

·
4,601 Posts
And to add to Eric's great idea, it's only $19.99, but the way it's designed, you can view the manuals online. However, as you view each section, use Adobe Acrobat Reader's capability to save the currently viewed file to disc. Work your way through each section and save it.

Most of it, you won't read, but when you want to know something, it's soooo cool to have at your fingertips!

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Oh, you can also see the TSB's and you can get an electronic version of the owners manual. For the owners manual, you don't need a subscription.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Corin said:
Being the computer nerd that I am, I'm refusing to read the manual until I have everything figured out on my own. Then I'll go through the manual cover-to-cover just to make sure I didn't miss anything (and also keeping a mental score as to the percentage of things I figured out on my own, of course...) :cool: <- (nerd glasses, not cool sunglasses)

Well, it was a little different for me. I knew the gas door is a push open, but one day a stop on the gas station and the service guy try to open the gas door but he was unable to do it. He come to my window and said that I should pull the lever for him to open the tank, I told him just to push it, he tried and it did not work, he comes back and I told him to push. I was telling him that like 3-4 times, but it was not working. Finally, I step out the car and tried to open it but I had no luck. I start thinking about the tread I sow here about the gas door lock out. :3: Than I just look at my car and I realize that is still running. I shut engine of and open the gas door without problems. :17: I did not turn red, but I was close to it. I spend some time to read the manual, but I do not remember where it’s says that you cannot open the tank while you engine are running. I have to admit that I love to read the manuals for my toys, sometime you can find some information that you did not even know about.: ;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Murano_driver said:

Well, it was a little different for me. I knew the gas door is a push open, but one day a stop on the gas station and the service guy try to open the gas door but he was unable to do it. He come to my window and said that I should pull the lever for him to open the tank, I told him just to push it, he tried and it did not work, he comes back and I told him to push. I was telling him that like 3-4 times, but it was not working. Finally, I step out the car and tried to open it but I had no luck. I start thinking about the tread I sow here about the gas door lock out. :3: Than I just look at my car and I realize that is still running. I shut engine of and open the gas door without problems. :17: I did not turn red, but I was close to it. I spend some time to read the manual, but I do not remember where it’s says that you cannot open the tank while you engine are running. I have to admit that I love to read the manuals for my toys, sometime you can find some information that you did not even know about.: ;)
I don't think its a good idea to fill up the tank with the engine running, but to each their own....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts