Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Murano SE will be available with a stick in 2004. Yet this isn't yet listed as an option on the Nissan USA page. Does anyone out there know if this rumor is true?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't believe any Murano's anywhere in the world are made with manual transmissions. In Mexico, they come with a 5-spd auto, but no manual. I think the only transmission the Murano has this year is the CVT. When they first developed the vehicle, it was a CVT with a 7 spd. "auto" gear shift type deal where there was a + and - sign and you cycled through the different modes (gears) of driving. At the last minute, and I'm not sure why, Nissan pulled that feature and only use the standard automatic shifter format.

·
4,664 Posts
The "slow me down, but let me have a lot of fun shifting this CVT" option is now available on the '04 SE model.

The fact that this is now available, suggests to me that there should be little fear of messing up the CVT by flipping back and forth from D to Ds, as that's no more significant a request to the transmission than the + / - :p

·
5,268 Posts
Dookie said:
I don't believe any Murano's anywhere in the world are made with manual transmissions. In Mexico, they come with a 5-spd auto, but no manual. I think the only transmission the Murano has this year is the CVT. When they first developed the vehicle, it was a CVT with a 7 spd. "auto" gear shift type deal where there was a + and - sign and you cycled through the different modes (gears) of driving. At the last minute, and I'm not sure why, Nissan pulled that feature and only use the standard automatic shifter format.
Actually in South America Murano is sold with 4-speed automatic (five if you count reverse). See the link: 4 speed Murano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts