Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan I offering this update for our Mo: Nissan Navigation First Generation HDD Map Update Version 8.8 for United States and Canada $79.00.
But there is no information to indicate how new this update is. I sent a message to Nissan support asking what year the map update is, but after several days there is no reply.
Anybody have this update and know the map year? My current map version is 2014/2015 and I need new maps.
TIA!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got a response from Nissan support. The "map update" being offered is dated 2015 and is the LAST update for out '10 Mo, effectively rendering the nav system useless in many circumstances.
So, got out my 14 year old Garmin Nuvi, updated the maps to 10/2019 FOR FREE and went to the "new" address in Dallas without a hitch.
I'm wondering if there is any point in paying for built-in nav? Seems a new Garmin with a bigger screen and lifetime map updates would be a better option.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was using my fully updated Nuvi to travel to Niagara Falls, earlier this year. The unit took us through Buffalo, where the expressway to Niagara was closed. The unit would not recalculate a route to get around this. Guess what? The nav on my '11 Murano (never updated, so maps wayyyyy out of date) recalculated the route no problem and got us up to Niagara.

Not a fan of the Garmin units, after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts