Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Murano owners here from Massachusetts? I bought mine in early October and am approaching 7k for mileage. Bought it at Bancroft Nissan. The sales person wasn't the most informed, but I liked the vehicle so much when I test drove it, I just had to buy it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
I'm also from the Massachusetts area. Taunton/Fall River area. I bought mine at Norwood Motor group in Warwick RI. I had been to Barry's but they were pretty slimey. Got the door rattles and was experiencing a funny issue with my drivers side door in the back, light kept coming on saying the door was open when it wasn't. Happened for about a couple weeks and then dissapeared and never returned. It's an 04, black w/ black leather, touring package. I bought it in December as a gift to ME. Tinting the front windows and getting the invisible bra put on either this weekend or next.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went for my Nissan the dealer had just gotten it in. only had 3 miles on it. They hadn't even gotten around to doing the prep stuff yet so the tank was empty. I told the salesman I'd fill it up for them. Being a salesman he gave me a $5 and made sure I got a receipt. Drove it around town for about 30 minutes or so with just me and the GF. We both loved it. Brought it back and decided to buy it right there and then. Wasn't any rattles or any other problems so I knew I was getting a good one.

It's a 2003 Super Black w/ Charcoal Leather. SE with every feature that was available except for the Navigation System. I remember buying it in September and everyone told me the seat warmers was a waste of money. Well, after this winter when my butt was nice and warm after only a minute or so, I was literally laughing my warm ass off. :D

I was actually down in Mansfield for a convention this past weekend. When I came out to go to dinner, what did I see beside my Murano? Yep, another super black MO. The driver must've seen mine and decided he'd park next to it. I've only seen a few other MOs around here, and each time we honk and wave at each other. First new car I've ever had so the whole experience is pretty cool.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I live in the Lowell/Chelmsford area (originally from New Brunswick, canada). I bought mine almost a year ago from Marlborough Nissan. I get it serviced at Tewksbury Nissan.

I have a 2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD. :)

David

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you put Boston even though you're not realy from Boston. One of the things that really ticks me off about this state is that everybody thinks Boston is the only city in it. I saw a review the other day for a restaurant in Worcester in a national magazine. They said the restaurant was in Boston. People outside of the state are ignorant to the fact that there are more cities and town other than Boston. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm in Spencer, MA and just got my Murano from Bancroft last Wednesday.

The good news (for me, and probably not you) is that the salesman told me that they just broke ground on the new location for the Nissan dealership in Auburn - rt 20, next to BJ's/Home Depot

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they're putting a new Nissan dealership there? Cool. I usually make a trip to BJ's every other week or so. Yes, Bancroft is closer, and I've got no issues with them to this point.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm here in MA.... just outside Boston. I got my MO in August. I've got just about 7K on mine as well. I'm hoping to get XM installed for my birthday! :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was driving down to Rockland today from Worcester (Mass Pike -> 95/128 -> 93 -> 3) and saw 3 Muranos. 1 silver one and 2 glacier pearl ones. That's the most I've seen in one trip, so the MO is definitely starting to spread here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm actually in RI, but have a 70 mile commute to the Boston area. Got my 04 Mo in November, and already have 9,000 miles on it.:4:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I am from Medford Mass I bought my Pewder SE AWD Nissan Murano 2004 in January from Kelley Nissan In Lynnfield. They weren't to bad to deal with the manager was a jerk other wise I am a Happy camper. Love The Murano I do regret not getting it with the Navigation setup but did purchase a Magellan 700 for the Murano works great. Has anyone done the manik bumper guards yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't added anything to my MO at this point. I'm still in love with the way it looks stock. Although when the tires finally do go bald I'm going to get wider tires. I may eventually get the bars for the front and rear as I do think they look cool and they add the little extra protection in front and back. Side molds might be good as well, but I'm waiting to see if the people here have had any problems.

I do want the NAV, just don't want to spend the money on it at the moment. Probably next year I'll put that in. I haven't really needed it too often, but it would help from time-to-time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the manik bumper guards are the tube shape guards you put in the front and rear like push bars. Manik sells stainless steel only and Waag sells them in b;ack only. As far as I know they are the only dealers selling them for the murano and airies side nerf bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi! I'm in Marlboro, MA.. used to live in Worcester. I bought mine from Marlboro Nissan a couple months ago (I live very close to the dealership). If you see a short guy driving a 2004 copper SE AWD, it's probably me :2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
cinergi

I had a brief engagement with Raytheon in Marlboro and had some body work done there for my Pulsar years ago. They seemed like a nice enough dealership.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts