Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Murano owners from Massachusetts out there? I've seen you , so I know you're out there.:eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey CAPE-MO (or any other fine Mass folks),

Have any of you been out on the beaches of the cape?

I really want to be able to cruise a few of the cape beaches. I emailed the managers of the Cape Cod National Seashore and they said they'd permit MOs on the beach. They said that it was all about the tire dimensions, not so much ride hight, and the MO and MDX fit the specs. They mentioned that certain RX300s don't meet the specs due to a lack of sidewall.

If anyone has any experience, thoughts, or input I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never been beach riding or 4 wheeling. I use the car for business and want to keep it nice inside and out. I don't think that this is the right ride for that... afraid I would get bogged down and get that sand in a lot of places it shouldn't be.

If you do go... let me know how you made out!:4:

·
4,664 Posts
Before the Murano was out, an automotive journalist got one stuck on the Beach in California. Sand and the Murano don't mix well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, I read that about the writer who got stuck... pretty funny.

I also remember reading in earlier posts here, probably back into last year (I'm a long term lurker) that a bunch of people had taken them on the beaches of the outer banks and had a great time. The general consensus was that you needed to keep moving unless you had it on harder sand closer to the water.

The folks running the National Seashore seemed to think it would be fine as long as you drop your tire pressure to 15psi. That's why they require the proper size tires. Of course, meeting their spec's doesn't guarantee you won't get stuck.

·
4,664 Posts
Might be fun to try as long as you keep away from the loose stuff and have a way to be towed out!

·
Registered
99 Posts
BUMP..... because i think there has to be more MO owners now than last year.

I see them ALL the time when I'm driving around. They are everywhere....lovely isnt it:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
For some reason I've never spoken up here. Been a MO owner since August 2003. See quite a few of them out here in Worcester and quite a few on the Pike when I drive into work.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Here in MASS too... I've got three MO's in a 1 mile radius to me... all black too! :2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
While I was dropping my daughter off at day care last week I had a father of one of the other girls there come up to me and ask me how I liked my Murano. He said it's always been a dream vehicle of his. Naturally I told him how great it was.

Still feels awesome though that I still get compliments after owning it for 2 1/2 years now. It's a testament to how great a vehicle it truly is.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nice... its Moville! :4:

I would like to think that the MO will make all MASS drivers happier. I know I am. :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
SPOTTED!!!

yesterday (5-25-06)
at Stop & Shop in Revere by Showcase a blue MO parked next to me. SE and the license plate read "BLUMOO" i think.

i have a sunlit copper MO with "ORANG3" plates

·
Registered
37 Posts
2007 SL AWD, Brilliant Siver with Charcoal Interior. Most options minus Bluetooth and GPS. With my 2001 Intrepid as a trade in my price was just under 32K now throw in taxes, extended warantee etc. and it was abit more ;-) Mine was so new that after we took it for a test drive it had 27 miles on it and no dealer SKU number. Here is a crummy pic, I will take more once I get her cleaned up again and lookin' better than she does right now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im in Malden

1 - 20 of 23 Posts