Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not like the color of clearance light for US model...
I made LED bulbs for them.. and I think they look much better..

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree yoyash they do look better. You made them? how? anyword on getting those Japan version Fog Lights?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a bunch of white LED NSPW500BS and ends of PCB, so I made those up... I limited the current to be pretty low... I can kick them up 3 times, but it did not make much difference in brightness... So I decided to keep them low......... It is just for looks anyway... If you see the pic closely... you will see what I did with 3 LEDs and one 470 ohm resister..

I have not heard back from Nissan yet.... last time when I wrote to them.. it took them about a week to respond... I will keep you posted...

Oh by the way if you are wondering... yes, I am an electronic engineer like all other Japanese...ha ha ha...

·
Registered
541 Posts
thanks I appreciate it yoyash. I'd love to beable to get those fogs and the power folding mirrors fitted onto my car. :29: hey just curious yoyash, where do you live?

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah what island? I'm part hawaiian. I have family on the big island

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi bro.. jaycen29..
I am on Oahu, but going to Maui every week...

I got answer back from Nissan, regarding fog lamps... As I expected... They said they can't say.. because they don't know about US market or model..???? So I wrote them back and asked them a very specific questions about fog light illemination.. I asked them how to get them here also... I should get some .. I mean some sort of answers from them soon... I can always get my friends to buy them and send them to you.... I also asked them about possibilities of US Nissan selling them here.... But they said they don't know... They play so safe over there.. They don't want to committ themselves into anything.. I am sure more goodies will be out from other than Nissan themselves... I will keep my eye on those and will keep everybody posted asap.... From what I read, rections are very good in Japan, so I am sure many OEM makers and aftermarket guys will be going after MURANO market... maybe..upgrade chips and all other info and goodies...

ALOHA..

·
4,601 Posts
yoyash said:
Oh by the way if you are wondering... yes, I am an electronic engineer like all other Japanese...ha ha ha...
Well, then just call me jaaksan...;)

·
Registered
541 Posts
thanks yoyash..i really would like those.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Led Lamps

What are the part numbers at Led lamps or super bright for both the clearince lights and the turn signals and any of the other lamps in the front, I have the HID and would like to put LED every where I can, also any info about the rear lamps would also be appreciated. Thanks Don

·
Registered
250 Posts
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

Part Number: WLED-6 LED bulb
Choose WHITE for front parking, AMBER for front side parking, and RED for rear (upper) parking.

They don't have an effective "plug in" replacement for the signals, and brake bulbs....

I sent them a suggestion for a effective idea, but haven't got optomistic feedback about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Here is my "effective bulb design" suggestion. What do you guys think?

I actually experimented with this a bit and it seemed that it would work great, but I don't have the facility to produce them.

Take a look at a 2004 Lexus RX330 tail lights. They follow this principle....

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I am in Scottsdale also

I live in Stonegate what is the best way to get to the parking lamp bulbs to replace them.? ( clearance lamps)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: I did the same thing except....

b0xdesigns said:
I bought mine...from here led lights

[/QUOTE

Boxdesign,

I like your MO light. Questions... Is that an HID? I noticed on the picture that both your signal and low are on at the same time.
Did you convert your signal lights into regular lights that turn on when the low beam is on? Thanks

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sure looks like a HID if he has both of those lights on. One thing I don't like about the non-hid lights is the rather whimpy small marker light on the standard headlights. I love the HID front marker light. Very attractive and functional.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts