Nissan Murano Forum banner

Matching Factory Tint

25K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  canWat 
#1 ·
For those of you that have had the front two windows tinted, did it match the rest of the tint? I am planning on getting it done this weekend but I am afraid it will not match the factory shade. Sometimes aftermarket tint is either shinier or blacker than factory. Any input?

#27 ·
Mountain View Local police

#28 ·
ahhh..glad I never drive around that ritzy city. Police have nothin better to do.

#30 ·
Yerp

I got 20% tint on my front windows and it mathces the factory tint perfectly. I live in Jersey where any tint on the front windows is illegal and I have never gotten pulled over for it.

Actually just took the whip for a thousand mile trip from New Jersey to West Virginia University :cool:

Here's what the tint looks like

#31 ·
Nice Sw1tched!

I am in North Jersey, can you tell me where you got the tint job and how much? Also, I am contemplating a GPS and was thinking of going with a Magellan but I have a Zire 72 and I am hesitant to use it for a GPS. Can you give me feedback on how you like or dislike using your palm as a GPS?

Thanks! njmo

#32 ·
Re: Nice Sw1tched!

njmo said:
I am in North Jersey, can you tell me where you got the tint job and how much? Also, I am contemplating a GPS and was thinking of going with a Magellan but I have a Zire 72 and I am hesitant to use it for a GPS. Can you give me feedback on how you like or dislike using your palm as a GPS?

Thanks! njmo
I got the tint job right down the street from you at Illusions on Route 10 West. It cost me 80 for both windows to get done.

As far as the Zire 72 GPS goes, I have no complaints and I've been using it for a while now. It does the job just as well as the Magellan or other portable GPS units and it'll save you a lot of cash if you already have the palm. Good luck :D

P.S. I actually am originally from West Orange :)

#33 ·
Windows tinted last weekend.

Gotta tell you that they really look nice! Hope I don't get pulled over as they match up perfectly with the rears are really dark on the Platinum Mo.:)

#34 ·
I used to have tint on a previous car... in MASS... it was of legal tint in MASS... however I was driving through NH where tint is illegal and I got pulled. Luckily the officer was nice enough just to give a warning. Later I was going to school in NH so between that and always worrying about scratches I just removed it and called it a day.

I have black MO and would love to tint it... it would look good but I don't want the hassle of it all.

#35 ·
Gonzo,

On a Black Mo it would really stand out! Too bad....

#36 ·
3M™ Color-Stable Automotive Window Films CS-20

Aaron at Complete Window Tinting did my front two at lunch time today. He's been tinting for over 20 years .
The 1st question he asked was if I had Navigation [NAV] or Satellite Radio. Apparently the metal in the standard film can interfere with the satellite signal.
He suggested 3M's Color-Stable Automotive Window Films CS.
From 3M's Website:
"While most other window film companies buy their polyester from someone else, 3M makes its own polyester in Decatur, Alabama. During this process, 3M patented a technology for producing its own nano-carbon polyester. This revolutionary and unique process, allows for maximum heat rejection without metals, which can interfere with radio and/or satellite signals."
Aaron was able to tint both windows in about 40 minutes... total cost, $105.

I'll post pictures to my gallery asap.

#38 ·
It boils down to a simple set of decisions:

1) Check state law before installing anything. Don't go counter to state law.
2) If you commute between states, check laws in both/all states. Conform to all state laws.
3) Don't put film on the windshield or front side windows. It is unsafe.
4) Remember that any film you put on a window reduces your vision outside, just as it reduces the ability of sun to perpetrate and others to see in.
5) The more you reduce your ability to see out, the less safe you are.

#39 ·
Anyone know what the factory tint on the 2015 murano % is?

I'm looking to get the front two door windows tinted to match up the rest but can't seem to find anywhere what the privacy glass tint percentage is....

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
2G had these numbers. I suspect 3G would also have similar.

I ended up getting 35% on the front two doors. It is slightly lighter than the rears. I wanted it this way as even with 35%, during winters(snow/evening) I get reduced visibility and have to concentrate hard when making turns that I don't run over a pedestrian :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.