Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Anyone ever hear of this car before? The Maybach? They make 2 models, a Maybach 57 and a Maybach 62. The starting price for the 57 is $325,000 before customizing options. One of the many option packages is over $20, 000.

Not long after I got my MO, I pulled up behind a nice looking vehicle with an MM symbol on the trunk area. As the light changed, I tried to keep pace with this car but got toasted in DS. I vowed to find out what type of vehicle this was. Turns out the Maybach 57 has a 5.5 liter 12 cylinder Turbo in it. Yow! The Maybach 62 starts at $377,000. Yikes 1 Maybach = 10 Muranos in price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep. It's made by Mercedes. It's an old nameplate from early in the 20th century. Now, it's the latest "pimp" ride for rappers and b-ball players.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
elliotgb said:
The Maybach 62 starts at $377,000. Yikes 1 Maybach = 10 Muranos in price.
Never seen a Maybeck but I bet the combined hp of 10 Muranos can toast it....:2:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah - I never understood how there could be a luxury version of a Mercedes Benz.

Beautiful cars though.

·
5,244 Posts
In Germany MB are quite popular. The Maybach was designed to compete with RR as the MB is not in the same leauge....

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kris said:
...The Maybach was designed to compete with RR as the MB is not in the same leauge....
With $325k to start, they are sure doing it....

Well, somehow I don't like the looks of this car. It could be that the price tag is scaring me - 0-60 in 5 seconds and change sure sounds good...

·
5,244 Posts
Did you see the latest car & driver test? Toyota Avalon came on top. 0 - 60 6s flat. And complains of "rough drive".......sporty?............what the world is coming to.......maybe next car will be Toyota...........hm......weird thought............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts