Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya. long post warning, but there are questions at the end directed at you experts. I first posted this at FreshAlloy, but figured here would be even more focused.

Former Sunlit Copper SL owner here - I went the way of the sports car, but quite honestly am getting slightly bored of it. (Went to a 2004 Vette, then a 2004 SSR, and finally a 2005 Vette before settling down awhile) - Unable to use 400HP around here one gets kinda antsy.

Interestingly enough I got all reminiscent for the Murano after renting a car this past weekend for a 1500-mile roadtrip - Didn't want to put the miles on my car, but remembered I used to make 2k-mile trips in the Mo without breaking a sweat. Pure comfort and smooth as glass. Not so in the rental - Little tip, don't rent a Mustang for a long roadtrip - we thought it'd be an interesting and fun alternative to my car, but yeesh.

So, I have questions about the 2006 Mo, and maybe the infiniti FX too while I'm at it.

1. I don't want the Nav system, but I understand even the base screen is full color now - sounds much better than the old orange display. But, what I wanna know is, what's the non-nav display look like when you're listening to XM? On the old orange, it'd at least display the first 10 of artist and title (at the same time), and would leave it up until you switched sources. Still do this?

2. Is the new keyless system on the Mo more like the infiniti now, where all you have to do is have the keyfob in pocket to unlock? How about to start?

3. Is it correct that at least on the SL, the rear camera is standard now?

4. Where the hell did my Copper paint go?

5. FX-pointed: is there any way to get the Intelligent Cruise Control and such without having to get the Nav system, or is Tech package the only way to get that? (and Murano-pointed: is ICC available at all?)

All in all, I always liked the way the Murano felt over the FX, but I do love me some rear-wheel drive. Still, price and gas mileage would be way easier with the Mo... (and before you point out what I drive now, my Vette may be expensive, but 30mpg on the highway is a pretty nice kickback.)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Aome Answers that I know of:

2. Is the new keyless system on the Mo more like the infiniti now, where all you have to do is have the keyfob in pocket to unlock? How about to start?

YES keep "key" in your pocket, walk up to car, press small button to open door get in and turn the ignition on where the key used to go

3. Is it correct that at least on the SL, the rear camera is standard now?

YES

4. Where the hell did my Copper paint go?

Sad but gone

5. FX-pointed: is there any way to get the Intelligent Cruise Control and such without having to get the Nav system, or is Tech package the only way to get that? (and Murano-pointed: is ICC available at all?)

Not offered on the MO... to bad.

The FX is nice... its a sports car on Steriods. If I could afford it and didn't have kids I would get the FX.

If you hadn't noticed the 06 has nicer (IMHO) looking insturment cluster, new change to the front grille (upper and lower) and LED tails just to name a few changes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Maybe coming back, have ?s (xpost from FA)

Gonzo said:
The FX is nice... its a sports car on Steriods. If I could afford it and didn't have kids I would get the FX.

If you hadn't noticed the 06 has nicer (IMHO) looking insturment cluster, new change to the front grille (upper and lower) and LED tails just to name a few changes. [/B]
I did notice the LED taillights and while I've seen the new instrument cluster I can't remember exactly what the old ones looked like =0)

I also don't think the new grille is enough of a change to really note - unless I get a dark color Mo I'd probably think about blacking the grille out somehow - maybe black chrome =0)

I have always loved the FX look (to me it's what a Jaguar SUV would look like), but the packages lump things I want with things I don't, and when I test drove one a year or two ago it didn't feel as smooth or strong at low speeds as the Mo... maybe the FX45 V8 at work there (geared high perhaps?).

Anybody have pics/insights on the non-nav color screen or anything else I rambled about?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts