Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm sure its posted somewhere, but I am just not in the mood to search everywhere. I've been meaning to change my headlights to the new bulbs i got from Esemes awhile ago, but it looks a little more difficult then I had expected. From my understand everyone went fromthe wheel well up? If so I noticed there is a cover there and wasn't sure how to remove it with out running whatever was holding them in. Is there an easier way to do this? Like remove the bolt on top that looks like it holds the entire headlight housing in place?

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Do you have the factory service manual?

There is a chapter that deals with headlight system. There is a step by step process outlined on how to replace light bulbs in the headlight....

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Do you have the factory service manual?

There is a chapter that deals with headlight system. The step by step process and illustrations are outlined under the subsection of how to replace light bulbs in a headlight....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I don't :( I would have sworn someone here did. Didn't someone post images or links to the manual? Is it worth buying the manual for this modification? I don't know what others I might do :8:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Manuals are always very useful, The price is right. Just do a search for service manuals and you will find them it's easy. ;)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
$20 is the exact price of the service manual...

From your signature, i think the manual is a good invetsment... You did lots of mods right ? :4:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got really bored and searched through the forum. I think Esemes, back in the day, took photos of how to get through the wheel wells, at least for the fogs or side markers. I probably can use that means once it dries up here. I'm just surprised nobody had an easy to get to the headlights without using a service manual, did everyone except me buy one :confused:

·
5,268 Posts
Yes, I did. I think $19.95 was money well spent!

Also see this thread: fogs

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah so that one too, looks like the same way from the other post. Will that let me access the headlights though?

·
Registered
424 Posts
From the Service Manual . . .

HEADLAMP (CONVENTIONAL)

Bulb Replacement
HEADLAMP HIGH/LOW BEAM
1. Turn lighting switch OFF.
2. Remove fender protector (front). (SEE BELOW).
3. Turn plastic cap counterclockwise and unlock it.
4. Disconnect bulb terminal.
5. Unlock retaining spring and remove bulb from headlamp.
6. Install in reverse order of removal.

FENDER PROTECTOR
REMOVAL
1. Remove screws of fender protector.
2. Remove clips of fender protector.
3. Remove fender protector.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds easy enough :29: If only they made as easy as on other cars.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Now think of all the things to do WITH a service manual. :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
simplesb

The instructions I posted earlier were for changing the bulbs on the regular headlights. If you are changing out the Xenon's, the instructions are different. It is a more involved process, and I can post the instructions from the service manual if you need them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I findly got my cool blue lights on. I honestly most say it does look like its brighter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts