Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Nicole, I drove a new Murano home tonight. It's late and I'm tired so I haven't had time to enjoy it yet. I just wanted to get home.

Gold SL FWD, touring, VDC, Garmin 2610 portable nav that's a real treat

Will go back to the dealership tomorrow for the "get to know your Mo" thing. It was just too late.

I live in a townhouse community, and the couple across the driveway and two doors down were smoking on their patio when I came in. They were dressed in their pajamas, but they came dashing over to look. They made me promise to take them for a ride tomorrow. I'll be busy tomorrow evening so I'll have to make it later in the week.

Will be taking it to the detailer who did my Xterra (and worked miracles on the scratches -- I couldn't believe it!) to have it claybarred and polished/waxed the first time.

Had planned to install the bumper protector and body side mouldings this evening but got away from the dealership too late, so will try to get that done tomorrow.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

As is someone else's, mine is a few days over a year old with 21k miles. Did you trade in the Xterra for the Murano? I traded in my '01 X with about 33k miles on it. I bought a 2WD X since I only commuted with it, and while it took 3 days to get the X out of a freak snowstorm, it only took 15 minutes to get my wife's Sonata out. I bought the Murano about a week later. :)

Congrats again!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dij

I'm glad to see you finally got your Murano. I hope it is everything you thought it would be. Good luck and post some picks once you get your Molding on.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh.... Gold... I like the Gold.... Sweet! Of course, I don't think there's a colour you could paint the Murano, that wouldn't look good!

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EasternPA,

I sold my Xterra (four and a half years old, 2000 model, 36,700 miles on it) to a coworker. We did it through the dealership so it was treated as a trade for tax purposes, but I got more for it than the dealership would have paid for it and she paid less for it than she'd have paid the dealership. Gotta love win-win situations.

I just got FWD because we seldom get snow and FWD should be fine in the rain, especially with VDC.

-------------
pcs15394,

I will probably wait to take photos until after the mouldings are on, I've made the vinyl cargo area protector, the pet guard is installed, and it has been claybarred and polished. Should be sometime next week. I'm thinking about getting Weatherflectors dark, the stone/bug guard, and the headlight guards, too.

------------

jaak,

I'm not sure that banana yellow or apple green would be good colors. :p

Gold is just another shade of brown (which I don't like) to me, but it is a pretty gold. I'm not that fond of the color choices for the Mo, but they are the right colors for this vehicle. The colors have to be understated and elegant.

-------------

May take a road trip to the NO airport tomorrow to pick up my SO's son. Excuse to put a few miles on the Mo (even though I hate driving to NO) and use the GPS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats to you too!!! I'm loving mine so far and see you are too!

Enjoy the ride!! :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats to you AND Nicole!! Had my first ding - well internally. I was direct wiring my Passport 8500 into the MO when I dropped the socket wrench I was using to bolt on the ground wire. Bam - right onto the cup holder and coin cover - DOH!! Minor dents, but not too bad. Still, the first dents hurt the most!

BTW - thanks to this list for the hard wire instructions. Piece of cake and no problem, even with the sunroof controls in the mix. The only glitch was the dents due to my clumsiness.

·
4,601 Posts
Apple green would look hot in a 70's Mopar kind of way..

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could it be an omen?

I realize that you can't draw conclusions from small samples, but after filling the tank, I drove 18-20 miles, about 1/3 on country roads and city streets (several stop signs and signal lights, max speed about 45, several turns) and 2/3 interstate (60-70 mph). Fuel computer says that average MPG was 21.9. I'm hoping that this means that once it's broken in, I will get decent mileage. I don't think my Xterra every did better than 20.5, and I'm not even sure about that.

·
4,601 Posts
I find it's too easy to go fast, especially when you're used to other vehicles. Without the shift shock, your brain doesn't think you are accelerating hard, but all those cars in the rear view mirror, off the stop light, will remind you...

General observations... It's hard to be light on the gas, in a way that's comparable to other vehicles. It's bigger than a car, so there's more drag at higher speeds and the milage on the highway suffers as a result. The computer tailors it's characteristics to how you drive, it seems, so if you have been hammering it, it takes it a while to bring it back into a more fuel efficient operating mode.

Anyone see the same things? Or did it just come to me in a dream...

I agree the break in should help the milage, but I generally find the tolerances on the VQ engine to be very well controlled, so there isn't the intial tightness like you find on other manufacturers engines. (Like the rental Ford Exploder I had a few weeks back. Even in one day the difference was significant. It only had 500 miles on it.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts