Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the first murano in ottawa about 20 months ago. Having the first of anything is always trouble and this is no exception. My murano has been in the shop for a number of small inconviences. Recently, I noticed after I turn off the ignition, there is a repetitive mechanical noise coming out of the engine compartment that suggests to me of a pump working. I took it to my dealer and they don't have any idea what it is but "We'll look into it". Other than the noise, the car is running normal but I am concern that a disaster is around the corner. If anyone has any information with this concern, please help

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just a guess....if the engine is hot, it could be an electric raditor cooling fan running...when a hot engine is turned off, the coolant may boil over and some vehicles have the fan run for a minute or two after shut off?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The electrical fan does not with the key in the OFF position on the MO. I can't think of anything that would be running in the MO was it its shut down. Kind of strange.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine does the same sound. I think it's a couple of valves cycling off after power is removed....:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 Nissan Murano SE does the same thing. It's NOT a hot engine as someone thought it was. I'm not sure what it is. The car runs great...just makes me wonder what or if anyting can go wrong. Let's hope not. Mine does it when I turn the key to ACC and it will do it when I turn the key off. I don't even have to start the car. Weird

·
Registered
27 Posts
That would probably be your electronic motor mounts. They make a little whirring noise when you shut the car off. Do a search on here for "motor mounts." There are some audio files which will let you hear what they sound like when they are going bad and when they are fine.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts