Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the first drive in torrential rain we named our MO The Beast. This week The Beast became a beast of burden and we didn't have to freeze ourselves bring the tree home in the VW.

No mods. We would like a hitch and some roof rails but mostly we love him as he is.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Woo, no fear!

Scratches, sap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there was fear aplenty. But we wanted the MO to be at least a wanna-be SUV however urban. We did check for sap and didn't see scratches either. We like big trees (this one is 9 1/2 ft) so its a relief to have a way to get them home. And if the Jolly Green Giant happens to notice a tiny scratch way up there, we'll tell him The Beast has to earn its keep at least once a year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We had to put the tree on the new Murano too. I balked and put a sheet down first. 100% cotton of course! :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those door edge guards must have been part of the $890 appearance package most DC area dealers add on. I refused to discuss adding that into our deal so the only items that made it onto the sheet were the mud flaps and the moon roof deflector. Wasn't aware that they were unusual until Enforcer mentioned them.

Sebrex, using the sheet was a good idea, but my better half wouldn't drive through the neighborhood with a sheet flapping :rolleyes: Nice shiny blue MO you have!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Enforcer said:
Wait a minute, you do have a mod. Where did you get those door edge protectors?

BTW, nice choice!

You can pick up similar door edge guards at your local auto store for about $5. They are type that glue to the edge of the door, and look almost identical to the dealer installed ones. Thats what I put on my Murano and it looks great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Mo was only two weeks old and I just couldn't stand the thought of scratches and sap on the roof. My wife thought I was insane.:D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
sebrex13 said:
The Mo was only two weeks old and I just couldn't stand the thought of scratches and sap on the roof. My wife thought I was insane.:D
If it makes you feel any better I think you are perfectly sane. I would have done the same thing. :29:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Eric L. said:
You can pick up similar door edge guards at your local auto store for about $5. They are type that glue to the edge of the door, and look almost identical to the dealer installed ones. Thats what I put on my Murano and it looks great.
Yeah I used clear ones, then took them off. But I did not know that Dealers install them? How much do they charge for that... uh 'option'?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts