Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm not surprised at the results; being the only true way to remove swirl marks is with compound. However, I gave it a shot.
Let me say that this product was absolutely useless on my black MO. I tried everthing: different applicators, different temperatures, buffing dry, buffing wet, multiple coats, applying thick, applying thin. I'm not sure what type of paint the boys at meguiars tested this stuff on; on our clear coated MO it provides nothing better than a placebo effect.

I think I'll invest in a PC, some compount, and some knowledge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Agreed ...I've tried the same product on my sheer silver and noticed no removal of scratches.....don't buy this product....at least not for the MO......

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have been saying to use Kit Scratchout. It does work. It is an ultra fine polishing compound. By hand, with very little pressure, I have removed paint left by heavy door dings and scratches to the handle areas of many different autos. I even removed that yellow paint left on the side of a van where a corner was cut to sharp around one of those huge metal posts.
It does work, it is easy, and, it leaves a very fine polished surface.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This may help ... if you're hand applying your polish (scratch remover), glaze, or wax, make sure you are applying and removing the compound in linear motions (preferably along the lines of the car). This will help remove the swirl marks and keep any from appearing while using the product. If you use circular motions to applying and remove, you would only be making things worse. The Scratch X and similar products have fine (or coarser) particles to help remove the impurities. The linear motions would also create very very minor marks on the car, but they are not as noticeable, since is can only be seen at a certain angle.... whereas the swirl marks can be seen from any point of view.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts