Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of picking up the Meguiars DA power system to use on my Black 2010 is there another system you guys recommend or is this ok?
DA Power System
Thx Jeeb

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I use turtle wax black box on my 09 LE. I love the results. If you're willing to put in 2-3 hours of work waxing your car I recommend. It comes with pre wax, wax, and a detailer. It's designed strictly for black cars. It can be done by hand or machine. I use the mothers polishing system. Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use turtle wax black box on my 09 LE. I love the results. If you're willing to put in 2-3 hours of work waxing your car I recommend. It comes with pre wax, wax, and a detail er. It's designed strictly for black cars. It can be done by hand or machine. I use the mothers polishing system. Hope this helps

Awesome I was looking for info on that system as well:29:Guess I should of asked? Yeh taking a couple of hours is not a biggie I just want a nice result.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi use clay bar then wax in linear motion no circular motion hence no machine
I need to do some reading on this method as I am a newb when it comes to clay bar applications looks like i"m hitting utube for the vids:eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I need to do some reading on this method as I am a newb when it comes to clay bar applications looks like i"m hitting utube for the vids:eek:

I did it last summer to my MO and it was pretty easy. Just make sure you get enough detail spray because you have to keep the clay and panel you're working on wet.

Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I watched a video on using the clay bar and it does not look that difficult. I'll probably use it when my paint surface starts to get overly contaminated. I keep my car waxed and it stays in the garage, so it doesn't get too bad.

My Explorer sits out, so I may try it first on that and when I get the technique down move to the MO.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am going to get my MO clayed for the first time when the weather gets warmer. Probably in May. Hear so many good things about it, can't wait to see what comes off it and how good its going to look:29:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Clay barring is simple to do, and really helps to create a great finish (by removing all surface contaminants). You do have to wax once the barring is done, however.

As for the turtle wax black box products, I tried them on my bimmmer, and wasn't happy with the black detailer. It seems to leave a very streaky (almost like an oily) finish. So I've resorted to using the black box cleaner and wax, followed by Meguiars detailer. Turtle wax products always seem cheap to me - even their premium ones.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I use the meguiars detailer as well. Especially after I wax the clear bra. I will most certainly try the clay bar. Heard many good things and have seen good results on other cars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the meguiars detailer as well. Especially after I wax the clear bra. I will most certainly try the clay bar. Heard many good things and have seen good results on other cars

Awesome thx guys FINALLY the warm weather is moving into Ontario Time to get out and detail my Murano:29:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just used the turtle wax black box and it was pretty good.... my biggest problem with my black murano is I still can't get the swirls or lines that are coming through the black paint.. I want to get rid of them... anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the Zano Brothers Z-2 which is awesome.
Even in the Florida sun it lasts a long time.
I am not a fan of using any machine as it shouldn't be needed by any quality material.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out Chemical Guys YouTube channel. They have TONS of videos on detailing. I use their products on my vehicles. Their Black Light glaze, followed by their JetSeal sealer is great on black cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts